Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psychiatrist rejected me

Re: Psychiatrist rejected me

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I will suggest that to a doctor. I haven't made an appointment yet, I was processing this rejection. Thank you.
    So sorry to hear this, but don't give up. I've also been told 'we can't your *kind*' I've had to go through many doctors and therapists to finally manage to find a team that "gets" me ... took a long time but VERY much worth it in the end and be glad they showed their true colors in the beginning so you know rather than be strung along by quacks.

I know you'll get through this and don't wait too long to make a new appointment and allow fear to take hold.

Good luck and all the best to you,

Sal

Thanks.
    I am really spiralling. I lost appetite since I went to that doctor, I thought it was just a shock but it's been ten days and I eat once a day. I am so scared that nobody will help me and that I will end up in a hospital, totally drugged. My stomach has been very upset for over a month too and I am worried that I have colon cancer or that's something really wrong with me this time. I have a red circle around a cat bite or scratch too and I am worrying myself sick. It's weekend and weekends are terrible for me, just me and my stupid thoughts. At this point I am convinced that I will end up in a hospital, but I am not sure if it will be for mental health or cancer/something else.

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I am so scared that nobody will help me and that I will end up in a hospital, totally drugged.
    I know nothing about the Croatian health system, but I think an involuntary admission to a hospital for anxiety would be unlikely. That said a few days in a hospital with a psychiatric department to be assessed, have a rest and get you eating again might not be a bad thing.

My stomach has been very upset for over a month too and I am worried that I have colon cancer or that's something really wrong with me this time.
    Anxiety and depression can have a significant impact on the gut which has its own mini brain, the enteric nervous system (ENS) that can be even more effected by anxiety than the brain in the head. The ENS can also greatly impact the main brain too.

I have a red circle around a cat bite or scratch too and I am worrying myself sick.
    Google: ringworm and compare the images with what you have. If they look the same it is probably a fungal infection which is usually treated with an anti fungal cream. Your pharmacist should be able to confirm the diagnosis and recommend the best cream.

It's weekend and weekends are terrible for me, just me and my stupid thoughts. At this point I am convinced that I will end up in a hospital, but I am not sure if it will be for mental health or cancer/something else.
    Keep busy so your mind doesn't have time to scare itself about things which are unlikely to happen.

Thank you so much. About hospital, the thing is I have a huge fear of hospitals, I've had one case of two weeks of persisent diarrhea and they wanted me to stay, I had to sign the paper to let me go and take that risk because I was really traumatized. I think it would be worse for me and I know cases when people came thinking they will be there for a short time and they were held for months and I can't allow that because of my unstable job, having a cat etc. I really hope it won't come to that. I hope there will be some meds for me that will work.

I've had a strong anxiety like this many times in my life but every relapse is so hard. I am always somewhat anxious but sometimes it's even harder.

Red circle is gone so I am calmer but gut issues and loss of appetite are still there. I am overweight so that's not a bad thing maybe, I don't know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information