Thread: I'm now a legal medicinal cannabis user folks :)

I'm now a legal medicinal cannabis user folks :)

I got approved yesterday after a meeting with the doctor!

So surreal. I thought it was a joke. I had to request my medical records via FOI request, and had an appointment with curaleaf a week later.

The doctor took a look at my medical history and asked why I want to use it. I explained my mental health problems, and that I don't want to be on medications for the rest of my life.

He's put me on 3 different strains to try. These are THC strains, not CBD. I've got an official script, and can legally use, and carry it on my person.

I'll give anything a try because I hate what my medication stack does to me. My quetiapine are bad for the heart. I have to have regular ECG's.

My order arrives from the pharmacy Monday. 30g of flower, 10g of each strain. It was so funny when he said "We'll try you on Big Nastiee's Glitterbomb"

Any questions, feel free to ask, because most people don't even know this is a thing and that's it's been legal for medical use in the UK since 2018.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: I'm now a legal medicinal cannabis user folks :)

Can you tell me how you got started, please? I think this could help me.

Hey Blue, sure thing.

There's 2 places that are able to offer prescriptions for this: https://curaleafclinic.com/clinics/birmingham/ and https://www.alternaleaf.co.uk/

Give them a call, and explain to them you're interested in trying medical cannabis for your mental health problems (there's strains for chronic pain so if you have pain issues tell them that too). They will explain what to do. You'll need to make a request for your medical records it usually takes up to 28 days. So give your doctors a call and ask them how you go about requesting your medical records. I had to complete a form.

The process is simple. Once you got your records they'll book you an appointment.

This is the site that has all the strains that you can pick from, and all the pharmacies supplying it: https://medbud.wiki/. It's useful to take a look because you can ask the doctor for a specific strain you think will suit you.

And theres also Leafy, where you can see peoples reviews on the strains, and what their effects/benefits/pros/cons are: https://www.leafly.com/

Once you've got a script you'll be given a login where you can place your order for your script, you just enter your script number in and the strains the doctor has approved will be in your basket already.

If you want to skip trying CBD just tell them you've tried CBD before and didn't find it helpful (most people don't find CBD helpful for MH).

They offer dry leaf buds, vape liquid, and capsules.

I hope that's covered everything.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 27-04-24 at 12:12.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

That's great, thanks, definitely something to think about.

Most excellent news to weed up about.

My script arrived Monday. I haven't used it yet as I'm waiting for a dry vaporizer to come from Amazon.

It's securely packaged in non-smell tubs that are child locked. It contains a label with the strain, and the important script label. When transporting it you must keep the script attached to the tub. This is to ensure if you're stopped by police for any reason, you can show your script. If you don't carry it in the tubs with the script attached you may end up with a fine.

The quality is 10/10. Very nice nuggets. Nice smell. I've one that smells of lemons. You can tell they've been grown to a specific standard for medical grade.

I will update in course to let you know how it makes me feel and if it helps me. I do not plan on quitting my medications. I'd like to eventually lower the dosage and I'm hoping this can help. It's no good spending most of your time asleep.

I'm not interested in getting high or using it for recreational use. I desperately want relief from the torture that often resides within my mind.

☪️️

If you don't want to get high then THC blends may not be the best option though?

Be careful, James.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/medical-cannabis/

Thread Information