Thread: So worried about Brain tumor taking over my life.

So worried about Brain tumor taking over my life.

Hi
    Iím so worried, Iím convienced I have a brain tumour.

My right leg aches and my arm does on and off, tingling lip my left eye feels weird constantly and burns when in sunlight which sometimes gives sharp pain into my nose.

Recently Iíve started to get head pressure where it feels like a brain rush but in the front of my head and Iím so so worried.

This is constant and taking over my life Iím so convinced and Iíve been to dr and been referred to neurology but I want a CT scan or mri,
    Iím in tears and I just want to go to a&e I went to go earlier but my husband stopped me.

I donít know whatís anxiety and whatís normal feelings tbh. I want a break and Iím terrified.

Please help me get my life back

Re: So worried about Brain tumor taking over my life.

Anxiety can make you feel all kind of symptoms. I worry about cancer all the time, it's just different cancer every time.
    I highly doubt you have a brain tumor, you would have more drastic symptoms than those.

I drove around the car park at a&e today but didnít go in, I want to beat anxiety but also so convinced something is wrong. I have sharp pain up my nostril today. I feel horrible and stuck and overwhelmed. I want this to end

My GOD do I relate to this. I'm sorry you're going through this, lovely, but trust me, you do not have a brain tumour.

I had (what I thought were) every symptom going. Headaches and head PAIN that were in the same spot every single day for weeks; they also didn't respond to painkillers, and I'm not normally a headache kinda guy. Tingling and numbness and short term memory problems and weird visual disturbances and sinus issues and every waking second I spent believing that I had this vile thing growing inside my head.

A couple of months later and guess who is sat here pretty much symptom free? My GP was so lovely and supportive and she spent so much time across so many appointments reassuring me and telling me why she believed I DIDN'T have a brain tumour. She talked me through how extremely rare they are and how they really aren't subtle things; if you had a brain tumour then you'd be more than likely having severe symptoms. You'd be having awful seizures and your personality would be drastically changing and you'd be waking up on a morning in agony and being violently sick.

It sounds like your anxiety is completely out of control, just like mine was, and the sheer amount of stress chemicals racing around your body is causing these symptoms you're having. I'm in awe at just what anxiety can do to you physically and it has taken me a long time to fully wrap my head around it.

Health anxiety really is a f**king evil condition but all we can do is keep trying to fight it and put it back in its box where it belongs.

Keep on fighting and I'm here any time you'd like to talk.

Thank you so much for replying and taking the time to post such an in depth response.
    I have still fought the urge to go to a&e and felt slightly better until I laid on the sofa and dozed and sat up dizzy and my head felt weird then I tried to do something else - online shop felt weird and I feel panicky and so aware of how my body is feeling and whatís going on, know Iím on here telling someone how Iím feeling but I am fighting the urge to Google.

Did you just trust your GP or did you have tests? My gp has said similar and I have actually spoken to 4 of them and they all say the same but I have that doubt incase they are wrong.

Health anxiety is horrible but like you say itís impressive really!
    Have you moved onto something else or just living now? I miss living Iím just existing tbh.

Could I just ask, what has made you think you have a brain tumour?

Anxiouscow

Oo good question, I donít know tbh.

Just when I lost my vision for like 5 mjnz in the left eye and how Iíve been feeling all I can think is itís got to be a brain tumor.

I always think on the negative side and Iíve had a tough time the last few years as I found out about my husbandís infidelity which was going on for years and how much it hurt me I just think this is bad.. Iíll have to go through pain again and leave my kids and I just donít want to leave them and things never go well for me sorry I know thatís victim mentality but Iím a good person and just shit things keep happening .. wow intense sorry Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemisssunshine10 View Post
    Thank you so much for replying and taking the time to post such an in depth response.
    I have still fought the urge to go to a&e and felt slightly better until I laid on the sofa and dozed and sat up dizzy and my head felt weird then I tried to do something else - online shop felt weird and I feel panicky and so aware of how my body is feeling and what’s going on, know I’m on here telling someone how I’m feeling but I am fighting the urge to Google.

Did you just trust your GP or did you have tests? My gp has said similar and I have actually spoken to 4 of them and they all say the same but I have that doubt incase they are wrong.

Health anxiety is horrible but like you say it’s impressive really!
    Have you moved onto something else or just living now? I miss living I’m just existing tbh.
    I trusted my GP They know what they're looking for when it comes to genuine red flag symptoms. She said she'd happily refer me for a brain scan but she wanted to make it crystal clear that it wouldn't be from a clinical perspective; it would just be a reassurance thing for me, so I challenged myself by refusing the referral because I felt like accepting it would be me feeding my health anxiety. She just smiled and said she was delighted with my response and she thought I was making the correct decision. I remember ending that appointment with her telling me she has over 3,000 patients and only 2 have brain tumours and both of them were over 70. I thanked her for throwing reassuring statistics at me!

I'm actually on top of my HA at the minute! I could veer off track very quickly but for now I'm practicing appreciation and my body is thanking me for it. The head pains and the tingling and the other hideous feelings which were absolutely plaguing me have all pretty much vanished.
    Last edited by Jase.; 12-06-24 at 20:30.

Hello! I just came across your post because I have had the EXACT same worries lately. I get migraines, and Iíve had them and headaches, some dizziness, and stayed awake worrying every single night that itís a brain tumour. Typing this out is almost making me spiral - but deep down in my heart, I think I know that a BIG resurgence of my HA (which iíd managed to stay on top of for the last year or so) and my anxiety is guilty of most, if not all, of my present symptoms. When youíre struggling with HA it is impossible to move past the way you feel, and every symptom seems to back up your diagnosis. I really hope you got some reassurance and you can start to believe that you are fine, you are healthy, and you deserve a happier and more fulfilling life than this anxious one ❤️

Thread Information