Thread: Breast lump

Breast lump

Trigger warning C

Oh god I'm in a mess. I saw a doctor today about a small lump under my left armpit, it's there with some other cysts but my brain was on overdrive, however, the doctor examined me and has found a, small lump upper quadrant non tender mobile, in my right boob! That's what she wrote on the NHS app. Referred on the 2 week cancer pathway. I'm so scarred. I'm convinced now I have breast cancer. I've not stopped crying since xxx

Re: Breast lump

Oh no you poor thing. 2 week breast referrals are always scary, even though they nearly always turn out benign. It is completely normal for the dr to refer anything breast related. It has happened to me a few times so I completely understand what you will be feeling. But i would say, since the lump is mobile it is very very much more likely to be benign. Xx

I second the above. I had two small movable lumps and turned out to be 'breast mice'. Or if you Google breast mouse you'll see what I mean, totally benign. I also was referred for a lump in my armpit, had an ultrasound. I was terrified same as you. The radiologist looked at it and said oh yeah, its a very superficial cyst, let's get rid of it now so you don't have to worry anymore. Drained it in about 2 minutes, that was it! It is so scary but you'll be ok X

Thanks for the replies, I spend my life worrying about cabcer and just know one day it's going to get me on way or another. Unfortunately I'm now in a very very dark place and absolutely convinced it's going to be cancer. I'm kinda all out of worry if that makes sense, almost accepting it. I'm not worried about me it's my 12 year son although I know he will flourish without me here x

That is not your rational brain talking it is your HA brain. It is highly UNLIKELY to be cancer.

Yeah that's classic HA brain talk. Ignore the irrational and assume it's benign. The GP has to refer you to cover their backs. When I was referred for my armpit she said I don't think it's sinister, but I want to know what non sinister thing it is so we can put it to bed. And she only said that after I quizzed her on how worried she was about it!
    Be fine. Let us know how you get on x

Thread Information