Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas

Unhappy Christmas

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if other people in the forum were feeling anxious about this time of year?

I was watching TV yesterday and all these adverts for kids' toys/food/furniture stores were flashing up and it just got me feeling on edge.

Its not like I have anything major to plan. My Mum doesnt want me spending too much on presents because of our wedding next year so I'm not going to. She said she will pay towards the hire car so I can drive us down to see her and the rest of the family.

If I'm honest, Christmas is a time where I've preferred to shut myself away. I dont mind visiting family, but to be honest I'd rather stay indoors with my boyfriend. We'll probably meet friends for new year but I dread that too. I find new year a bit depressing really. I start feeling anxious at the thought of going out and being around people and it being really busy

xxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Re: Christmas

Hi Lilith

Christmas can be a really stressful time. I try and make it as cosy as possible, lots of treats for myself, watching dvds and cosy decorations. Try to take time out for your at this time of year. x

Hi, Lillith, xmas can be a stressfull time of year and also new year I find depressing, try and have fun if you can and focus on that wedding of yours it helps to have something else to think about.
    Happy xmas and good luck on your wedding day
    Lesleyb

I find christmas very stressfull and today its all really got on top of me.Iv been crying most of the day and feel really low.

Aww Yorky, I think we should take the others' advice on this one and make sure we take care of ourselves at this time of year. Will make sure I chill out and not get to over-wealmed by it all xxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

I have dreaded christmas too since i got ill three years ago. Don't know what it is exactly about it, probably having to go to the family. Don't think i would have felt so bad if it was just us staying in for the whole day.
    But this year is going to be horrendous since losing my dad. Don't know how i will manage to be honest. Mum is coming to our house, which i know sounds awful and i don't mean it too, but i am really dreading as it is different i think, out of the norm etc. Plus more pressure isn't it. Then we will be going to my aunties, as we normally did, but dad won't be there. It is going to be awful and i am really dreading it. Also won't be visiting my father in law either as he has now gone too, so just dreading everything to be honest.x

TELL ME ABOUT IT CHRISTMAS IS GONNA SUCK! I know for a fact im gonna get so scared about it, its just gonna be one big day of unreality anxiety fear and depression. or maybe santa will drop me off a cure for this crap!

Excuse me, but f**k Christmas!

Money making, anxiety making hell. Roll on the 2nd January.

I speak to so many people these days who say that they hate xmas. I too feel stressed out. I have kids and the incesent wants and needs of them makes me feel like scrooge...bah humbug...The thoughts of being on time at social gatherings, short days, long nights, cold, feeling completely unhealthy, remembering its when my father had his first heart attack, its when I started with high anxiety symptoms, eating too much, drinking too much.

What is everyone elses reason for finding xmas so stressful?

Love to all for the new year.

P.s the 22nd of December is the winter solstace and so the days start getting longer from then on!!!!

Hi,

I'm dredding Christmas is my partner is going to be working Offshore

Roll on the New Year and lets hope this one is better for all of us who have been suffering.

Pink
    x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information