Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas

Re: Christmas

I don't feel like i've got anyone anything good for Christmas i Know everyone will smile and say they like it but i'm seriously disappointed with myself

xmas isnt fun anymore iits just expence and more expence i look forward to takin the decs down rather than putting them up grrrr humbug

Hi Lilith,

I have certainly found my anxiety levels rising toward Christmas this year, infact i don't fell Festive in the least and thats not like me at all, I think it's because my agro has been back this year and i have missed out on so much including the majority of my christmas shopping which i have mainly done on line.
    Lets just hope that for us who have had a bad year this year, that 2008 will be alot better!!!

Hope you have a lovely christmas hun

Love Lisa
    xxx

One thing that makes christmas exciting for me is my nephew he turned two in august and every year it gets better with him he gets so excitied and he understands it more and more each year.

I think the problem with Xmas is the perception that families get together, everyone is happy, everyone gets wonderful pressies and the whole world is fluffy. Unfortunately that is not the reality for many of us.

I worked at Crisis over Xmas for a number of years - that gave me a reality check and took my mind off other things

I would love to love christmas, but it just makes you think of families. Its not the being close and loving that I miss, its the being together and fighting over the last spud, seeing who can shove the most straws up Dads nose without waking him, and finally everyone arguing cause their over tired and drunkard. Fantastic Christmas in my eyes, no matter what was said or done, you all knew that you cared about each other.

My Christmas' were a huge affair when I was young, now its just me, the o/h and his family, although this year we are spending the day just me and him, cause spending it with his family makes me (ashamedly) jelous (and extremly upset of what I lost) of the relationships he has.

Meh, For those of you who enjoy Christmas, have a drink for me, and dont feel bad about others, enjoy it, it only comes once a year!

Christmas I don't really mind as I get of work for 2 weeks, Its the going to relatives I hate, We all go to my mums and I have an uncle who is only let out once a year and he gets plastered and really really annoying and loud and you would love to slap him..

New years I always find depressing, Jan 1st for me is always the most depressing day of the year, why I don't know but it is...

I'm actually looking forward to the summer and being able to sit out in the garden at dusk with a nice cuppa listening to the birds cheep and the waves lap of the shore at the beach down the road

Great

This has helped me enjoy the winter months much more. I now know that I need to find more things to occupy myself over the winter months to take my mind off the fluffy family thing. When you lose friends or family, xmas becomes a nightmare. I am now removing myself from all the pre xmas bull and I am treating it like any other time and guess what, it is getting better. The best thing is that I am not alone on this one. There seem to be more people feeling like me than that are experiencing the fluffy family thing and that makes me feel strong that I am not the only one that is humming to the TV ads.

Winter solstace today-
    pessimistic view - the shortest day of the year.
    Optomists view - the days are getting longer from now on.!!!! HURRAY.

Mee

Wouldn't it be good for us to meet up where ever we live, local groups, and spend Christmas just being us?

Does anyone have the same anxious feeling with new years eve as well as xmas day?

Mee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information