Thread: Tension headache ?? or

Tension headache ?? or

I have severe spinal problems in my neck with herniated disc and arthritis and am disabled. Since I developed this problem I have had all sorts of weird sensations in my head and face.

I have been very anxious latetly due to another health problem and but my neck was not doing bad! Of course I then do far too much for it to cope with.

Last night I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so was very stressed as I panic if I can't sleep. I got up and felt very strange like my head and neck was in a vice and someone was pulling my cheeks down, I also had intense tingling sensations all over head and face and down neck. I then felt faint and managed to get back to bed but took ages for the panic and sweating to go.

I could not get back to sleep because my head felt like it was being crushed and awful tingling and I felt as if I was shaking violently.

Today I feel as if I am wearing a very tight hat that gets tighter and tighter over top of my head plus crawling tingling sensations in scalp and face and face still feels as if someone is pulling it down. I also feel unsteady.

I don't have a temp, pupils are reacting normally and I have no signs of paralysis. I have had this sort of thing many times in the past but not usually as bad as this. I have always been told its caused by my neck problem and the anxiety I experience just makes it worse and worse.

I have had brain MRIs last one three years ago and no sign that I have ever had TIA's and carotid arteries are fine.

I have been to my Dr so many times with this or a variation of it and been reassured its not a stoke or brain tumour but I always freak out and this just makes the muscle tension worse.

My husband says when he has a tension headache it always feels like a tight had from back of neck over head and temples and it feels like intense pressure - is he right??

Re: Tension headache ?? or

Yes, sounds typical of a tension headache to me, tight band is a classic symptom

Kate

Thread Information