Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi everyone

Hi greg,
    Welcome to the forum.

Take care

maxine

WELCOME ABOARD,
    I too am from the states. I can relate with the trip to the doctor and when I went i was also told that I am having panic attacks. It was at least nice to know I was not dieing. I really thought it was either that or that I had absolutely lost a grip on reality and was losing my mind!!!
    I hope things get better for you!
    take care,

If you give PANIC an inch it becomes a RULER!!!![}]

tessa

Thanks for the encouragement all. I wish you all the best of luck as well. I am not on the meds anymore although I keep xanax around but only as a last resort. I hate the way I feel after it wears off, its like I cant wake up. Has anyone had a lot of luck with counciling? My doctor keeps telling me that I should give it a try.

You stand in your own light. Make it shine...

Counselling is to try to get to the bottom of what your body and subconcious is complaining so heavily about..

Well done to being off the meds now- if you get a xanax hangover take less next time or move to a lower dose equiv in valium.

Greg - something caused your nervous system to shout loudly for help - so in absence of any physical illnesses, stimulants, recreational drugs, alcohol, sugar imbalances, occupational stress, exhaustion, family stresses , persistant anxiety its hard to know where to look .

Many times the cause just doesn't matter anymore if you are able to put them behind you and look forward but if they just will not shift at all its worth taking a look to see if you've missed something along the way.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi Greg

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of help and support here from people who know what you are going through.

Take care

Elaine x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information