Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Hi from "MessedUp"

Re: Hi from "MessedUp"

Goooooood news MU!

Fair-to-middling is good.....you're bound to get a bit up and down, but it sounds as though the meds are doing what they're supposed to eh? Which is prepare you for the task of sorting out 'stuff' without all the horrible symptoms that you've experienced previous to taking them.

Now, don't fall into the trap that I very nearly did by thinking too far ahead..

..."so I can't imagine what would happen if I came off them."...so, don't imagine !! Just let them do their job for now

I wish you all the best for your return to work next week, but would say this to you.......don't push yourself beyond what you feel you are capable of. I don't mean don't challenge yourself at all, I mean just do a little bit at a time, ok?

Ok, lecture over......I'll leave you to get on lol !!

big ugs

Hey MU
    Just wanted to let you know that i am thinking of you n sending you positive vibes, hope you are doin OK.

Thank you very much fm and gg, you're very kind.

Nothing much to report - just getting on with things and feeling fairly normal. Trying to ignore any traces of anxiety, trying to forget all about it... which means avoiding this forum for days at a time if possible.

Work has been much the same as 'normal', I've been sleeping ok, and I now have an appointment (some 2 months away!) to see the psycho folk. At this rate by the time I see them I'll be wondering what on earth I'm doing there! (apart from what happens when I taper off the pills?).

My only great concern is the craving for a nice cool beer... I wonder if I could get away with a halfpint once a week or so?

Hugs to all who want them.. thanks

I had a pub lunch yesterday and the craving for a beer was too much. I thought I'd try half of a half, so I ordered a shandy, expecting a half pint glass worth... but I got a pint glass of it.. so I ended up with a full half of lager anyway.. I might as well have ordered a half to start with because I still missed the taste of lager on its own!

And the effect? An afternoon feeling almost as dizzy as the first week of the pills, and a headache for the rest of the day. That's cured me of the craving for a while.

Nothing else to report. Still on 25 of Zoloft, multivits&mins, fish oil.... I'm fine by day, sleeping OK, some silly thoughts here and there that I just ignore.

'Ello MU!

Glad to see you're still 'flying the flag' !!

Aaw, sorry about the beer - I was able to manage 2 very small glasses of white wine when on Citalopram...had a couple glasses of red for a change one evening and wham, was I knocked into the Twilight Zone! Very wise to avoid it for a while then.

Keep up the good work - big ugs!

Hi MU,

How's it going

Hi again...
    Still nothing to report. Still on 25 of Zoloft (just started the second pack, breaking each one in half), multivits&mins, fish oil.... I'm fine by day, sleeping OK, some silly thoughts here and there that I just ignore.
    In the last week I've stopped taking the herbal sleeping pills, and I'm relaxing enough to sleep ok.
    Things are pretty stressed at the moment with my dad in hospital after an overdose, and he's a bit of a zombie at present... which isn't much fun but I seem to be coping (it's a bit worrying the state of mental health care here, but that's another story).
    I've buried myself in one of my hobbies, which gives me something to think about - top notch distraction.
    All in all I feel like I'm back to normal apart from the pills and not being able to drink.. albeit with some silly thoughts here and there which don't really amount to anything, thankfully.
    Still a few weeks to go before the therapy comes along. I'm not going to hypno any more, not even listening to the daily relaxation mp3, and I'm just ignoring the EFT insights emails I keep getting, having read the sceptics views on that one.
    All the best from Not-So-MessedUp

Hi there NMU

That sign-off sentence says it all:

All the best from Not So Messed Up...........

Good news indeed mate, keep the flag flying ok?

Just thought I'd pop by for an update - if only to say there's not much to report. Still taking half a zoloft a day. I gave up the vitamin tablets and the fish oil, and it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm still tee-total and not really missing it too much. I'm sleeping fine, and not feeling like panics are going to happen. I feel anxiety here and there, but not often and I just ignore it and it goes away. I've finally seen a psychologist and have got a book from the library on her recommendation (and I've bought the Claire Weeks books - not that I've read any of them - but they're there if I need them!), and I'm awaiting a group course on staying calm in a few weeks time. After that I have to phone up and see what they have planned for me next.

Nothing to report in my private life... picked up an injury that has left me limping for a while.. my Dad is seriously ill and it looks like we've lost him to all intents and purposes, a long grim wait for the end. That's been a bit tough on all of us, but what can you do? Just carry on, huh? Certainly gives me something real to worry about, instead of all that inward self-centered panic BS

tata for now - I hope people see that it's possible to go from can-I-make-it-through-the-night to that-all-seems-like-a-distant-nightmare with the right positive attitude and a little help from the pills!

In the unlikely event of anyone wondering how I'm doing....
    ... absolutely no change from the last message in May.

I'm keeping relatively happy on the half-tablet per day. I probably won't come back here for a while, so I wish you all as Happy a Christmas as you can manage, and all the best for next year.

MessedUp

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread Information