Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is an open forum - were you aware?

Re: This is an open forum - were you aware?

hi nic i totaly agree with chalky i realy apreciate this site and all the lovely ppl ive spoken to in chat and i also agree with bottle blonde its the members choice to take responsability thanks for all the good work and info on this site which as helped me a great deal best wishes elaine xxx

I also wasn't aware that if you posted anything on a forum it might come up on a search engine crikey that's really frightening!!
    Don't know whether i should change my username cause it just a abbreviation?
    think i'll do a google search on it and see what comes up !

I've got no problem with my name appearing, can't really see what the fuss is about.

People who freak out about privacy usually have things to hide. Yeah it's not nice to have people deliberately snooping on you (like the CIA or something), but if you have nothing to hide don't sweat it!

If you do want privacy, use a name that people won't associate with you. For example I'm Beezlebubfan on the devil worship forums (JOKE )

Gordon

oh well now they all know about me....like i care............

I googled something one day and came up with one of my own posts on Seroxatmad forum. Oooh I did laugh. Fame at last.

I am personally not worried at all - if it helps others with panic/anxiety/depression when they are googling to come up with one of my posts which MAY mention exactly what they are looking for then I feel I have done someone a service.

If you are going to message on these sort of forums I think you realise that they are usually "open" forums.

Whoever the man was I would say it was his silly fault for not having checked out whether the site was public or a closed one.

Tell him to use another website - I doubt if he will find one as good as this in the UK. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ozzy Guest

hi my names albert einstein i live at number 4 imavingyouon.

no i always knew it was googled or yahoo thats how i found here like cari said. If they wanted to remain anonymous why didnt they just use a random name it some how dosnt make sense does it

yeah thinking about it who cares really that much, even if you have got something to hide life still goes on and doesn't revolve around me me me!!
    by the way i wasn't the member who complained initially it just came to my attention on a recent posting
    Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nic,

i think its a case that some people dont read the rules before signing in, as i know someone else who has used their full name not realising that it would come up as it did, you're not to blame and you certainly didn't deserve a nasty email. i will however inform the person i know and encourage her to change her login name to something else.

Thanks for all you do, i'm almost cured because of this site.
    best wishes
    Di

Hi Nic, you really have my support on this. When I joined this forum, and others, I wouldn't have dreamed of using my own name. It's not that I'm paranoid but it does give me the opportunity to vent when I'm having trouble and to help (I hope) when I see others with problems I've experienced myself. These days thankfully it's very much the latter.

If anyone uses their own name and it causes them a problem, am I right in thinking you can change their user name easily? I assume then that the Google link would fly into the ether?

Keep up the good work - everyone is responsibility for their own identity - you can't nanny everyone.

Better not mention my haemorrhoids then!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information