Thread: some advice needed please

some advice needed please

well im a little worried ive got this terrible pain right across the top of my back and have had it for sometime it wouldent usually bother me and id just get on with it but the thing is im having a terrible time focusing on my heart and im so convinced i have a heart problem the thing is ive heared that if you have a heart problem ur your having a heart attack you usually feel pain in your back well this is freaking me out and i am so scared im going to have a heart attack ive also got alot of heartburn and my tongue is so sore awwww this is freaking me out and i wont settle untill ive had it checked out on monday im so sorry to be a pain

Re: some advice needed please

hi, i read your post and your mentioning of being worried about a heart attack i can relate to. I've been worried about my heart for what seems like forever. I'm hoping everything is ok, in my experience i would get pains in my chest and in my arm and think i was having a heart attack but i'm still here and its never come to anything. I reckon that thinking positively will help. I think people get pains in there back all the time and it doesn't mean your having a heart attack. I hope you feel ok

Could be strained muscules in your back have you been on the computer a long time, have you tried a heat pad this helps. I am sure your not having a heart attack but I know we always fear the worst.Try and stay positive.
    Lesleyb

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem I have pains in my chest and back almost everyday, have done for about 4 months now. It is very hard to stop yourself thinking the worst but challenge your thoughts when you get them, its amazing how quickly the pains can go away. Mine do come back and I am terrified everytime but I am still here and time is the best healer. The best thing to do is stay positive it really does help. But due to all the tension we create when we feel like this it makes the aches and pains worse.
    Try to focus on something else (very hard I know) but it does help

Take care
    sufos

Miss Motown,
    I found a useful little book in the Chemists.It's by the British Medical Association and it's called Understanding Anxiety and Panic Attacks.(No,I'm not on commission!!)
    It gives clear,rational explanations for racing hearts/Heartburn etc.I found it very helpful in putting things in perspective.
    I know we tend to fear the worst-I've been guilty of that plenty of times!!-but there are numerous possible explanations for your back pain-pulled muscle,etc.
    Take care,
    Chalky

Thread Information