Thread: What age is the right age - santa

What age is the right age - santa

Hiya, my 10 year old son has just came to me and said his friends have told him that theres no such thing as santa! I really dont know what to say to him, i managed to say that if you dont believe then you dont get anything!!!! and off he went but i just know he will be back to quiz me again, god its only 9 days to xmas what a time to have to tell him! does anyone have any ideas/suggestions please????? thank you x

Re: What age is the right age - santa

Hi Geordie Flower,

I'm in the same situation as you. My 10 year old daughter said to me the other week that her 9 year old step-sister had told her that Santa isn't real I always thought that if anyone was going to let the cat out of the proverbial bag then it would be her 18 year old sister.
    I just brushed it off and said of course he is and she seems to have bought it.

No doubt like your wee lad she will be back at some point with loads of questions which I'm dredding.

Pink
    x

When our son asked this, he is now 15, my answer was: Santa is anybody that cares and loves you enough to buy you a gift.So in turn Santa is real.

I so miss those the younger years with our son. Good luck.

Keep the Dream alive for as long as possible.
    Signed,
    A Santa of many years experience

It must be the 10 year age as mine is also saying hes not real but Believe that is a wonderful way to describe santa.

linda xx

I really don't think it's a good idea this close to Christmas to try and explain about Santa.
    My daughter was around the same age but it was in July so I explained about St. Nicholas and the tradition of it all but it still came as quite a blow to her!!!

Good luck!!
    xxx

Ozzy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    Keep the Dream alive for as long as possible.
    Signed,
    A Santa of many years experience
    yeah i agree with this keep it going for as long as you can it kinda messes up the fun of xmas other wise

Hiya, thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to me. I think he does still believe because this morning i overheard him talking to my 6 year old about what santa is doing at the minute and do you think he can speak lots of different languages because he has to read xmas lists from all around the world or has he got an interpreter! Kids eh I think this will be his last year of believing as he starts the comp in sept and it is def not cool to believe when you are in big school ha ha ha. I hink I will raise the subject with him during the year away from xmas, I think it is sad though but at least ive got my 6 year old to carry on the magic for a few more years
    Thanks again and Happy Christmas to you all tracey xxx

Thread Information