Thread: Two Days Of Horrific Anxiety - Will it ever end??

Thumbs down Two Days Of Horrific Anxiety - Will it ever end??

Hi
    I have had the worst two days of panic I have had in months. Started yesterday evening and wont go away. I have taken my max dose of meds and still it is there. Husband had to go to work and I hate being on my own in the house when I am like this. Things have been better since I started on the medication and I thought I had it under control. Obviously not. Now i just feel the meds don't work and don't know where to turn now. If anyone has some tips or advice I could really do with the help now. Last time I was like this I ended up going to the Casulaty Dept. Cant do that again. Just felt stupid. Would appreciate some advice. Feel very depressed and suicidal. Dont know if i can get through this on my own.
    Please help.

Re: Two Days Of Horrific Anxiety - Will it ever end??

Hi Madit,

Sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time. First thing i want you to do it take some deep breaths, try to calm down some. It's ok you aren't alone and we will help you thru this hun. Try to make yourself a cup of tea, and sit and drink that, not thinking about anything...... Have you tried to get yourself busy with something??? sewing, dusting, music, bath???

How long have you been taking your meds?? and what are you taking????

Remember you aren't alone, and we do understand. You are going to be just fine, this two shall past.

Take Care

Hiya hun,

Ok first bit of advice....DON'T let this beat you gal. Think of it as a blip as this is all it is. It's nearly Christmas so we all have the added stress of that to cope with along with our day to day anxiety. If you read through the threads on the forum then you will see that a heck of alot of people are feeling pretty similar to you as i know that my axiety is also on the up and up.

I know it seems never ending and that you are on your own but i promise you it will calm down again and people here are always willing to chat and help.

Take care hun

Love Lisa
    xxx

hi. i have been on meds for 8 weeks and am having a bad week too. it is a normal knee jerk reaction to think they aren;t working but look at how much better you have been feeling. can you think of anything that has set it off? hormones/build up of stress etc? i think we need to remind ourselves that we have felt better before and will again - it always hits harder when it has been gone for a bit doesn;t it?!

we also need to remember that meds are not a cure - they are a crutch and so we need to learn to deal with these feelings too. going to casualty is not the answer but like you have said - you know that - its just somewhere to run to for reassurance but you can be your own reassurance. the reason you feel so terrible and are having depressed thoughts is due to the increase of adrenalin - nothing more - apparently it makes us think in black and white such as "this is never going to go". i felt like you did yesterday - i was in tears saying "i can't believe its come back and although i am not suicidal i was thinking i don;t want to live if i am always going to feel like this" - however - i have decided to accept its back and am not fighting it but trying to go with it. i already feel a bit brighter so i am sure you will too.

try doing lots of relaxtion, exercise and being kind to yourself - get lots of sleep and eat properly too. i think you need to tell your husband how you feel and that you need extra support right now. sending you love - you are not alone! (ps - i always think xmas makes things worse too because its like "thou shalt be happy at xmas!" and most people (incl non anxiety sufferers are not!)

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been taking propranolol 40mg at two a day for about 2 months. It really is the feeling of being alone which scares me. I have the children but try to hide my panic from them as I feel i have exposed them to it too much already. This is why i wanted to see if anyone on here can help. I am trying to do small tasks. Make the kids tea etc. but because i get really bad vertigo i sometimes feel frightened just to stand up. Thanks

Hi Madit,

You said that you have vertigo, are you being treated for this? When did this start? These all could be making you anxiety worst. I also have to agree with the others.

The vertigo, it was generallly accepted, is a symptom of the panic attacks. It feels like one of my legs is sinking into the ground and that i am going to fall over. I have always felt quite dizzy when walking anywhere but again i now put it down to a panic attack symptom.

Hi Hun,

I would get the Doctor to check out the vertigo again. Sometimes Anxiety and vertigo are two different things but because you suffer from Anxiety the doctor could have wrongly thought they were connected. Only reason i'm saying this is because it happened to a friend of mine and she was suffering unesessarily.

Lisa
    xxx

Hi there sorry you feeling this way, is it possible to ask your husband to get a couple of days off work or have you family or friends who are understanding and importantly ones who've seen u at your worse before so u don't feel awkward. Could someone be with you at moment?
    Luv Richie xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hun

Dont let it beat you you are better than any of this why not ring the no panic helpline they are really good x

Thread Information