Thread: Should I find out for sure?

Should I find out for sure?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted some advice really, had first panic attack about 7 weeks ago and not been right since, scary thoughts, no appetite, that 'not real' feeling and not feeling like me anymore. Doc signed me off work for a week and by end of week thought I was better, went back to work but yesterday had to come home cos burst into tears at my desk! I know I'm not depressed but I am starting to get down about the anxiety. Anyway to cut a long story short went Docs again today and we got to the bottom of what worrying me, its a health issue that has bothered me for the last year, I've tried not to worry about but obviously that hasn't worked cos I'm now at this stage.

Doc said he's 99% sure I haven't got what I think I've got as I am low risk and that I should have the test as in his words 'the test could put an end to all this' which really makes me want to have the test as I would love nothing more then to get back to the way I was but then theres that 1% chance that I might have this thing I'm worrying about so catch 22.

From the way the Doc was saying all this I think what he was really saying was if this 'worry' doesn't go away then I'm not going to get rid of the anx, I don't know what worse being like this or having the test and finding out there is something wrong with me.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated as I dopn't see anyway out of this.

Thanks for letting me ramble on and thanks to all the peeps I've spoke to in the chatroom when I should have been at work, its really helped.

Phoebe

Re: Should I find out for sure?

Hi...

Do whatever it takes to stop the worrying. If having a negative test come back WILL put your mind at ease, then do it.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Phoebe,

I think you know the answer to this already.

Getting the positive outcome the Doctor is predicting should allow you to move forward in a better frame of mind.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

i would strongly recomend going for the test ive been down that road and worrying over health will only spiral out of control like it did with me so go for the test and belive me youll feel a hundred times better, best wishes

Thread Information