Thread: Helicobacter stomach infection

Helicobacter stomach infection

Hi everyone

I have tested positive for Helicobacter Pylori stomach infection which has also been causing chest pains for the past 2.5 months.

Just wondering if any one else has had this and how long it took for the antibiotics to work ? Did you have chest pain radiating all the way to your shoulders and back ?

I know the chest pain is not due to any cardiac problems as I have had Echo and ECG's done. I am a nearly 40 year old woman.

I am taking a triple therapy of Clarithromycin (Klaricid), Metronidazole and Omeprazole every day for 7 days. The course finishes in two days but I still have indigestion and chest pains.

How long with antibiotics or after did you start to feel the infection had cleared up ?

Re: Helicobacter stomach infection

hi

my hubby has had this and i just asked him how long it was befor he felt better he sead right at the end of his meds .
    he didnt get chest pain but did get pain in his back and was sick a lot to he has been tested agane for it the second time they tested him it was a breath text at hospital he was ok and it has never come back .i am sure you will start to feel better soon

jodie xx

Re: Helicobacter stomach infection

hi jodie, thanks very much for this. antibiotics are so bad, i am sure the reason i have the helicobacter is due to 3 courses of antibiotcs (they kill all the good bacteria in the gut) in the past 3 months or so. i do feel less bloated and uncomfortable now. tomorrow is my last day of this antibiotic course, i really hope it goes away for good ! i have just bought some aciduphullus today from solgar as i have read that it is very good at reviving the GOOD bacteria in the gut.

Thread Information