Thread: severe severe palpitations please help

severe severe palpitations please help

soeone please help my friend

i am writting on behalf of molly17. her computer is broken and she is in really bad distress. last night just as she was going to bed her heart began to race histerically and severely irregular all at the same time

she has ahd a really bad flu but this seemed totally out of the blue

she has suffered many heart symptoms in the past and has had palpitations, missed beats and irregularities, but this was totally new. this was irregular beyond belief and 170 bpm. the nurse at the hospital said it may have felt irregular but the ecg showed it was regular.

how can this be.

she feels her heart must be damaged after this distress

i cannot stress enought hat she has had many million symptoms but this felt totally new

has anyone else had this . if so please please reply as she is struggling to cope

has anyone had horrifically irregular and fast at the same time

please help

jackie

Re: severe severe palpitations please help

Hi Jackie,
    My worst ever panic attack gave me a BP of 200/100.

Our bodies are designed to cope with an amazing amount of stress.
    An ECG should provide reassurance if it shows normal.The problem is believing in it!!
    Being ill with flu puts the body under stress and adding anxiety to the mix is a recipe for increased BP.

Lots of rest and fluids may help.

It may be scary but remember Molly's body is actually coping with this!!

Hope she gets well soon.

Best wishes,
    Chalky
    Last edited by chalky; 19-12-07 at 15:56. Reason: spelling

thanks chalky

i was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, with the badley irregular and racing that could put her mind at ease as she seems terrifiied to move

thanks again chalky i will pass your reassurance on to her

jackie

Hi There, I have suffered for yrs with flutters -fast beats-racing-panic attacks but i have been having the same as you since sept.... been having odd times of the day when heart gone aywire.... i lay down let it happen now. get it alot after i have eaten.... deep down i know it is stress as i have been under a tremendous amount of it lately due to neighbour probs and i am in constant state of anxiety. My freind has these two... all to do with the vegas nerve being over sensitive due to the excess stress and it interferes with the natural ryham of your heart as it is sending out false messages. Mine is like I am having normal beats but with big beats evry other one and then massive flutters...missed beats and irregularities... get em after climbing the stairs sometimes... think its cos i get scared excercising cos i am feelin my haert beat.....its all stress!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jackie, Im new here, I too have been having bad eptopics today for the first time in a month and am again convinced I am about to die. I was wondering did molly may be have an eptopic then send herself into a huge panic attack which would make her pulse very fast, also was it really very irregular or was she panicking so much that she couldnt feel a constant pulse? Just a thought, I know this happens to me when I end up in a real panic?

Thread Information