Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting through Christmas

Getting through Christmas

Well it's almost on me now.

I'll be packing today and leaving tomorrow for my mum's place.

At least I know what things are going to be hard for me and I've tried to prepare myself.

Dealing with my family. This is gonna be hard as all my mum knows to do to help me is talk about how I'm feeling and things that have happened in the past. I think I've got used to telling her to shut up (in a few more words) and hopefully there won't be too many unexpected visits from family friends to cause more anxiety.

Dealing with friends. This year my agoraphobia has got worse and going to the pub is very hard for me. I will see how I feel at the time and if I'm not up to it I will say no.

Not drinking. This is gonna be a very hard one! Drinking not only makes me feel ill on my current meds but makes me more impulsive, which is not good. Not mentioning the general effect on my mood.

The worst of all, is an appearance from my dad. Something of my nightmares, I haven't seen him for over 10 years and those who know me realise that would be a complete nightmare. But Christmas is one of those times that things are likely to happen and that scares me to the depths of my mind.

Today I get discharged from the Home Treatment Team, I feel worried about that as if I do go downhill again I won't have anything like the support from them through the local MHT. Hopefully I wont go back down to the depths I did recently very soon.

Got my GP to sort my meds for the Xmas period after that, so a busy day this afternoon.

Jim

Re: Getting through Christmas

I was expecting to be back safe on Thursday but my mum has just told me that she is, of all things, shooting a music video on Thursday and Friday. Meaning the house will be full of random people and I can't get a lift back till Saturday. So a whole week away from home. Or I have to try to go home on the train.

Jim

Hi Jim,
    I am wishing you all the strength in the world. It WILL soon be over. Try to think of each day as just one moment in time. Don't think I am belittling your whole anx thing cos I am not, I know how big it is. In times of great stress like holiday times, I break things down into manageable slots of time, such as two hours. Just get through two hours at a time. Tell people you are on meds (even if you want to say anti biotics), don't be ashamed and tell them it has a really bad effect on you, anything to help you to stay sober.
    Good luck with it all.
    Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

I WISH YOU WELL ON YOUR JOURNEY JIMBO, JUST TRY AND MAKE THE BEST OF IT............MERRY CHRISTMAS........LINDA XX

I wish you well and no how you feel. I dread it all too, believe me i do. I am just going to plod and do my best to get through it and i just keep thinking to myself that it will not last forever, sooner or later it will end and that will be it for another year.
    Good luck, you are strong and will do well!x

Hi Jim,

Just popping in to wish you well over Christmas, I hope it goes well for you mate

So Happy Christmas and I hope 2008 is the start of even better things to come for you

Take care,

Lisa x

I'm not off till tomorrow afternoon, and I'll battle with my mum's Mac to get on and talk.

The HTT have just discharged me and I'm a bit sad to see them go. They are a lovely bunch compared to my local MHT. I just found out that the bane of my life my old CPA is my discharge liaison. I don't like him and am a bit miffed that I'm seeing him.

I think I know what I need to do now, it's up to me to JFDI. So I don't think, other than a bit of caring support and someone to contact in crisis, I need much more help.

Off to the GP right now. I've been feeling really dizzy all day today, to the point I couldn't stand up and was stumbling round my flat like a drunk earlier. Lost my balance and luckily the sofa was in the way or I would have been on the floor earlier. I think it's a migraine as my eye's are very sensitive to light and I have that sickening sort of headache at the moment. It's not too bad and seems to be fading after I ate a load of peanut butter on toast, so maybe it was just lack of food.

Jim

Good luck with christmas Jim and you never know you might have a nice time.
    love Mags xxx

Have a safe journey today Jim and I hope it all goes well at your Mum's

Merry Christmas,

Lisa x

Hi Jim,

Hope the Christmas period passes well for you.

Best wishes,
    Chalky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information