Thread: Holiday

Holiday

Eep! My boyfriend and I have both booked time off work in September for a week's holiday today. I just have to book the cottage now and then it's settled. I really want to go - this will be my first full-length holiday in about 3 years [8D] But I've already got the collywobbles about it - this will be my first holiday in 3 years [xx(] Catch my drift? [V]

Just needed to explain to someone/to people who would understand exactly what I mean!

Leah xx

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Hi Leah

If you browse the forum you will find some posts from people who were dreading going on holiday, and then when they got there had a good time. You will be ok trust me, there will be plenty of relaxation which is good for anxiety and you can chill out.

Take care

Elaine x

hi great news you booked the holiday, hope you find some helpful advice on here to make it go smoothly, keep us posted

fan x

Good for you Leah .

You've got several months to get yourself even better before you go so you can be more confident that you'll be fine.

We all know you would be fine if you were going next week as the events keep you busy and it's very therapeutic to be distracted.

Where are you going ?

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll be fine

Leah

I just booked a 3 night cruise and I am worried too lol so I know how you feel.

I feel that I HAVE to move on and this is one way of doing it.

Bit mad cos I don't like boats but then I don't like planes, taxis, trains either so nothing new there lol.

You will be fine by then - don't think about it - I am trying to forget my cruise for now!

Nicola

Thanks all I guess I'm just excited as much as I am nervous. I bought myself a relaxation/hypnosis CD yesterday called "No Fear", so hopefully a dose of that a day until September will have me right as rain!

We're going to Stratford Meg. I've wanted to go there for a long time - we almost managed it last holiday, 3 years ago, but got so engrossed in Warwick Castle that we never made it there! My BF is being a real brick about my plans to drag him round all the Shakespeare properties...so far!

I must try to think positively - it's a good thing I'm feeling nervous/excited, because they're normal feelings that everyone has, so I must be just like everyone else after all. It's a good thing I know that I'm likely to be jumpy the first day/night I'm there, because I can plan for it and cope...

Leah xx

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Hi Leah

I live in Warwick ... you'll love Stratford. There is something about it that you'll find so interesting it will hopefully take your mind off any worry.

I moved here 2 years ago and was petrified... but i must admit Warwick/Leamington/Stratford all have really a really nice atmosphere and although I get anxious going out and about there's something about the places that puts me at ease. It's probably because there's so much to see that it takes my mind off the anxiety. There's some really nice villages around Stratford way and the countryside is so scenic.

Good luck..and if you'd like to know about any places to visit nearer the time please feel free to ask.

KW

'Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire'
    - JEAN DE LA FONTAINE

Thread Information