Thread: i give up

i give up

ive suffered severe dep and anxiety for nearly 8 yrs. tried hundreds of pills. therepy. key workers,pshyciatrist etc. nothing helps i am totally destroyed, dnt get out of bed, lucky if i bath every 2or3 days. wont even take the dog out to the garden. i feel such a waste of space.

all i think about 24 hrs a day is i am about to die immently of heart attack even when i have no symptoms im still thinking it. at the moment the worst bits are the lazyness, thinkin im not breathing right and very sore feet( which i am convinced is deep vein thrombosis).

all the advice and help ive had sounds good and probaly works for alot of ppl, but no matter what i cant beat they thoughts in my head. i cant distract myself or think positive. so i will never be beta.

i have a 7 yr old son and hes wanting to come and stay on friday night, i love him and want to see him but theres no way i can cope. i dnt no what to do.

i want to be dead but am so scared of dying. and would never commit suicide. i dnt even no if any of what i have wrote makes sense as i cant even be bothered to read it over.

i also think people dnt like me or want to fight me. even although i havnt done anything or had any1 say they do or that. im a mess.

Re: i give up

awww Kris, i was sooo sad to read your post. i think that you need help as it sounds like a severe depression. i feel like you sometimes and have been referrred to the local crisis team who provide extra support. You need to go back to your GP an=d tell him/her how you are feeling.

Red face Re: i give up

Hi Kris
    So sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment. I have suffered with attacks of anxiety and depression for 3 years so I understand how you are feeling. All I can say is keep going and never give up hoping that you will be better one day. I can honestly say I do have good days but I also have horrendous days where I feel I can't cope too so you are not alone in your feelings. Keep popping into chat on here and hope to speak to you again. Take care mate.
    love Mags xxxxx

Hi Kris.

I'm really sorry to hear things are so bad for you right now. Like Bear said, I think you really need to get some help...which you can access straight off from your GP. If things have got this bad, you might feel a little better just telling a professional and taking the first step in getting better.

I know how hard it is to motivate yourself when you are feeling so low. But please, try to summon some energy. Even if it doesn't feel like it, you do have it! At least get up and showered every day. Slowly try to increase what you do. Go for a short walk. Getting out into the fresh air can work small miracles (and banish those thoughts of DVT's) Honestly, I know it seems impossible, but you can do it, and it will make a difference.

Part of getting better is believing that it's possible. It is. It took me a while to believe it, and it takes a lot of work...but small steps can turn into big successes.

I really hope you manage to see your son this weekend.

Good luck xxx

Hugs Kris. Just want to give you a massive cuddle really.

K

PS

Dont give up.

K

Kris the tears are rolling down my cheeks right now i am so sorry to hear the way you feel i have been there but as hard as it is ton believe you can get well i send you big hugs and lots off love .
    please keep coming to chat ppl realy care and understand and might beable to help you back to the person you want to be.
    tc love from b happy.

Please don't give up. I've been severely depressed and hospitalised. I lost my children, husband and home because of it but I fought back and you will too. Please ask for help because nobody deserves to suffer like this, ever. You are not a 'waste of space'. Keep coming on here. It's a good site and really helps.

Love Jodie
    x

Ditto the above. Please try not to give up. You sound in a bad way and it hurts to read your post. Are you still under the Mental Health Team? If so I'd get in touch with a cpn or something cos I think you need to talk to someone.

Please please try to push yourself and I know that seems impossible at times, but think of the dog - not putting you on a guilt trip at all but it might just be a way to get you out for a little while. Tell yourself the dog deserves a walk and just make yourself do it.

Take care

Listen man... DONT GIVE UP!!! I have been there man! I know exactly how you feel. Just over 3 years ago my brother was murdered and taken suddenly from my life. I spent an entire summer in my house severly depreesed with panick attacks and anxiety. Shortly after he was murdered my second child was born. I know how you feel man. What helped me over the last few years greatly was having my son. For the first year or so of his life my greatest joy and peace of mind came when He would lay down for an afternoon nap it became routine for him to lay with me as I sang him to sleep. I have since had another son and have a 12 year old daughter aswell. But, to be honest with ya... being with my middle son make me feel so at peace. I would say if you love your child dont avoid them. Use your realtionship and happiness derived to help you and your mind. Dont give up man. I have fought this fight for a long time and believe me I understand the feeling of wanting to give up and I also understand the crazy fears of aches and pains being fatal. Its all in your head tho. I know it sounds very hard even impossible but you gotta make the move towards a better place. Stay strong, fight the fight and live well.!!! take care !!!!

Thread Information