Thread: Non Prescription Glasses

Non Prescription Glasses

Hi folks

I know this isnt really about anxiety or the xmas sales, but was just interested to know if any of you buy these non prescription glasses as i have just spent an hour at Matalan trying them on and was quite impressed.

My husband thinks im better getting glasses from somewhere like spec savers but they are so expensive.

You know what men are likelol, hes the one that wears expensive glasses from spec savers but asks for fish and chips twice when where at the checkout at Matalan !

Any advice greatly received.

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Re: Non Prescription Glasses

Well I've only ever got mine from Specsavers too - are you looking at just reading glasses hun or what?????

Love Piglet

My mum has never had prescription reading glasses for years and she is fine. She always buys them 'off the peg!'
    I believe it won't do your eyes any harm but don't quote me in a law suit or anything!
    Happyone
    xxx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Hi Piglet

Im just looking for some glasses for reading things close up, as this xmas i have had to get kev and the girls to read instructions on items, we played a quiz game yesterday and i couldnt read the questions.

Thats my excuse for not taking the giblets out of the turkey too i couldnt read the packaging !

Love and hugs

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Lol mate - well I would say those are perfectly fine to buy off the peg as it were!!

I'm sure I could do this too for my reading glasses (got some lovely ones in the NEXT catalogue) but I think I would have to stick to my other glasses from Specsavers as I differ slightly in each eye and have an astigmatism (get me) so the presciption is a little more complicated.

Did you get fish and chips in the end???

Love Piglet

when I had my eyes tested @the "proper place" - they told me as I only needed 1.5's to buy the cheapest I could find and then if I felt they were not strong enough after a period of time to see if 2.0 were better - if so get them but just have my eyes tested for health reasons every 4 years - & I am in the medical profession! So go for it and save (mine cost me 99p)

Thanks Happy and Clarissa

Piglet, yes we did get fish and chips in the end.lol

Will get my self a pair tommo and give them a try.

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxxx

I keep a pair in the kitchen for reading tiny writing on packets and got them on the recommendation of the optician. They're just a magnifying glass and do no damage to your eyes. Go for it today - it'll make a difference

Thread Information