Thread: Should I take the Meds now?

Should I take the Meds now?

???
    Last edited by Pink Panic; 11-03-09 at 13:27. Reason: changed my mind

Re: Should I take the Meds now?

You sound just like my mate who has a teenager to deal with. He is a good lad but not very helpful, and does not appreciate how hard she works.
    His attitude is typically teenage.
    Maybe your daughter could stay elsewhere? Threaten her with either followin your house rules or going elsewhere?
    I think you should see this as a small hiccup not anything more than that. It will pass, your daughter wont be with you forever and your man will soon be back. To see you not the state of the house. xxxxxxx

Thanks Dinky (love the name by the way)

I think part of this is that i am taking bad with having her here for so long as she has been away for the last 2 Christmas periods with her b/f but they spilt up. I feel so guilty moaning about her when i should be pleased she's here spending time with me. Teenagers ...... grrrrrr

Thanks again
    Pink
    x

Hi Pink I have 5 kids and am exactly the same as you, the way me up so much, have big arguments they cant be told anything as they know it all and to say the least really put my anxiety sky high. I think maybe its us not the kids because when the kids rant around and I think about it they are all good kids, All work and only 2 left at home now but the other 3 are close. My youngest is nearly 21 he does work but holidays and when he is off he just lay in bed till afternoon, leave a mess everywhere he goes, don’t take any dishes or cups, glasses back into the kitchen. (Just get another cup or glass) then spill coffee or tea all over the surface and just leave it lol. It builds me up so much as it only takes a second to return a cup or just wipe up if you spill something? But when they all just leave it it makes lots for me and the wife to do. They are like that because we have spoiled them all there life and done everything for them, it’s all the love and pampering when they where young? My wife still does everything for them, runs upstairs to get a towel, run up with there tea, MUM where is this where is that and we have to get up and find what they keep loosing, Go out late and wake us early hours cos they forgot there keys. Wow the joy of being a parent? NOT. Take care Pink this is kids, and they do grow out of it and they do love us. Take care. Vernon

Hi Pink

Ohh i can so much understand how you are feeling, your daughter sounds so much like my daughter !! These teenage years drive me mad.
    My daughter spends alot of time at her boyfriends but this christmas he as gone to visit family so she as spent most of the time here. I love her to bits but i could throttle her at times, all she as done over the christmas period is stop in bed all day !!! till 4 or 5pm then got up got dressed and gone out to either parties or around town to the local nightclubs and arrived home around 4 or 5am the next day ! of course waking everybody up too, banging doors and the dog barking as soon as she put the key in the door.
    She is so lazy too, her bedroom is a total mess, i dont wash or iron for her anymore i make her do her own washing as it so annoys me to see everything all washed and pressed just thrown on the floor because she cant be bothered putting it away.
    Im realy looking forward to her boyfriend returning home, then she will stop having these wild nights out !!

Teenagers what are we going to do with them!

I know my post wasnt much help Pink, but just wanted you to know your not alone with the teenage problem. i geuss we have all been teenagers once although i cant ever remeber been as bad as what my daughter is, i used to help my parents around the house.......but they do grow up and quieten down in time, roll on when they get into 20,s i say !!!lol

Love and hugs

Andrea
    xxxxxxx

Hi Pink,

Even the "normal" folks find the Christmas period stressful.
    Having a partner away and "Waynetta Slob" move in would test the patience of a Saint.A chat with your daughter to remind her that she is a guest in your home not in a hotel wolud not be amiss.
    Manners and respect should dictate your daughter's behaviour in your home.
    My eldest boy has recently moved back in with us.It was his responsibility to fit in with house rules not for us to adapt to him.
    You should not be a doormat for anyone.You are worth much more as a person.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

hi pink,
    i may not be able to understand what its like to be a mum, BUT i know what the strain feels like when u care about someone so much but they just dont appreciate u in any way, i think this is why people tell me to give them a bit of 'tough love' otherwise they'll end up screwing ur life. i guess, like members have been advising u- please only think of this as a hiccup. YOU'RE DOING REALLY WELL. NEVER LET ANYONE PUT U DOWN IN DOING SO. YOU'RE A BRILLIANT PERSON!! i think u love her deep down and u want ur relationship to work. u dont need medication- she does!!
    as for medication, i personally wouldnt...yet... but if i was really in a state that i couldnt 'hold' it much longer then i would.
    do things that u'll enjoy first, take more care of urself hun- go for a walk with an mp3 player, have an aromatherapy massage, get into a hobbie.
    now its ur turn to 'live' hun, let her learn the hard way!!
    luv sam xx

Hi all,

Thank you all for taking the time to reply

It really helped me to know that others are going through the same stages with their teenagers and as Andrea reminded me .... I was one once too lol

Lots of love to you all.

Pink
    xxx

Thread Information