Thread: Can anxiety cause nausea

Can anxiety cause nausea

Hiya, Ive been feeling very nausceous for about 2 weeks now but Ive also noticed my anxiety levels have been high over this time too! Yesterday I had really strange feelings in my head like unreality and spaciness it felt like it was gonna explode! Im not sure if it was adrenaline rush, I also felt shakey and dizzy and very sick I retched a few times but wasnt sick. I had a lie down and relaxed for a bit and the nausea and dizziness went away for a bit. Does anyone have any experience of this and do you think the nausea could be to do with my anxiety and dizziness? Thanks for reading Tracey x

Re: Can anxiety cause nausea

I can tell you 200% that this is my main symptom of stress and anxiety... I get the whole delightful IBS complaint, and feel nauseous as hell. I have had it before and it lasted months on end, day after day of severe nausea.
    If you can stomach peppermint tea it may ease it, another remedy I found to be the best was ''Colpermin'' available from Chemists. Your nausea is I expect a result of the physical changes that your body goes through during stress, the Colpermin eases these symptoms.
    I can tell you to relax, deep breathe, inhale lavendar fumes and all the rest of it, we know it works, but putting it into practise is the hardest part of the task.
    All the best.

Thread Information