Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm New. First Post. VERY Scared!!!!

I'm New. First Post. VERY Scared!!!!

I just stumbled on this site during my late night panic and decided to register and hope to talk to someone. I'm SO afraid right now. I'm afraid tonight is the night i'm gonna die:( I'll give alittle backround on myself. I'm soon to be 36yrs, have been panicing about my health for as long as i can remember, but tonight i feel "this IS it". I'm having lots of pain, abdominal pain, groin pain, leg pain, side pain and the reason i'm not already at the hospital is cuz i don't have insurance, hubby thinks its all in my head, and the last time i went to the ER they treated me like crap cuz i have no insurance. I'm sure i'm having either a blood clot, infection, or cancer. I can't sleep cuz i'm afraid i'll die in my sleep, hubby says that would be the best way to go. I couldn't go to the ER anyhow cuz i'm afraid i'll die on the way so what good would it do. Please Someone Talk To Me

Re: I'm New. First Post. VERY Scared!!!!

Hi Panic,
    I've had the "todays the day" thing many times.
    I think it's just a part of anxiety in general.
    Try to get some rest and you'll feel a lot better
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

This is a good site to help. Read the posts first so you see a lot of us feel this way with you.
    I am awake right now feeling horrible and afraid to lay back down.
    The more we worry the more the symptoms come and I do know this..

Sleeping is the best thing to try and do. It is my comfort zone but right now I can't do it.
    Good luck and keep posting
    TT

Hi, first off all welcome to the site I'm gald you found us you'll find lots of help and support here . I think all your pains are due to anxiety and stress, I don't think you are about to die its just panic setting in. Have you tried realaxation and deep abdomible breathing, if you can't get to a doctor there are some great CD's out there you could try. When you are thinking about dieing try to distract yourself and keep busy, go for a walk or have a relaxing bath. Hope this helps and don't give up this will get better.
    Sending you hugs
    Lesleyb

Welcome panicagain

I know it's scary but these feelings are all caused by the way you think, and that is causing the way you feel. It's a shame you guys State-side do not have a health care system like the UK, but in the mean time, there are many things to try that won't cost a fortune.

Al Lesyley say's relaxation CD's etc can be a great help, and I would recommend that you get hold of a copy of "Hope and Help for your Nerves" by Claire Weekes. Amazon.com usually have it in stock.

I suffered with health anxiety to the extend that I was convinced that my heart was ready to give out. After reading this book, and a few other changes I have put these bad ole days behind me mostly.

I hope you feel better soon, and keep posting, there is some great advice here from people who are going through, or have been through the same experiences.

TC

Jaco

Thanks so much y'all. Well its morning 7am and i haven't got a wink of sleep cuz the symptoms keep persisting. The pain gets Really bad for a while then it eases up. I did get to lay down for a few minutes(about 15 or 20 min.) then there they came again so i got up and have been up walking/pacing around trying to figure out what to do. Its tempting to go to the ER, i haven't made up my mind about that yet. I guess i'll hang out alittle more and see what happens

Hi Panicagain,

Welcome to NMP.
    You will get loads of helpful advice and support here.

I couldn't help but notice that you said you are soon to have a birthday yet today was The Day.
    My last couple of birthdays have been The Last for me and I'm still kicking away.You are so typical of lots of people here,in the symptoms you describe.

Check out all the information through the Main Menu and come to the Chat room.You will soon realise that you will never have to be alone again in fighting this.

Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi Panicagain and

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Have you tried distracting yourself with something while feeling anxious? Things always seem worse during the night and something like a jigsaw might help you to keep occupied.

I've moved your post to the introduction forum so everybody can welcome you.

Take care,

Mike

Thank You!

Hi Panicagain,

A big warm welcome to you. I too worry constantly about my health and have all the pains you describe on a regular basis hun so your not alone with this. We are all here to help and support each other. xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information