Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panicky over the "bug"

Panicky over the "bug"

I thought over the years i've done really well with my vomit fear, but i have just read over 100,000 A WEEK are becoming infected with this bug. My son is back to school on Monday and it was through him i had two bugs last year (minus the puking), it was still hell.

I am sweating and panicking like anything. I don't want to go out at all now in case i come in contact with a contagious person.

:(

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: Panicky over the "bug"

Bluebell - people are being asked to stay off work for 48 hours if they get it.

You can't hide away at home just in case you catch it as once this one has gone they will be something else to catch won't there ?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My wife has a bad cold at the moment. I'm hoping it's the cold I had rather than a new one because after my fall my chest still hurts if I cough! Mean, aren't I?!

I bet partners are pleased when their other halves are told to stay home with this bug!

Seriously though, the media are there to make people aware but sometimes I don't think they realise the anxiety they cause. My doctor used to say to me to stop watching the News on TV to stop me worrying so I did just that. I also stopped buying papers because they absolutely love to sensationalise to sell their papers.

The other day the paper predicted -17 temperatures and deep snow. Maybe so if you live up north but in the south????? One or 2 flakes!..but that's what the media loves to do to make money!

I heard a headline saying so many a day are getting this bug but when you compared this figure with the population, it's a Small percentage and if people do as Nicola has heard, then the headlines will soon change to another one they want to worry us with so try not to listen to them Bluebell.

Hiya

This bug goes around every yr (its called winter vomiting virus) and they always say its some mad epidemic when in reality, ur a bit ill for a few days then you feel fine.

My whole family had it last yr and despite the fact that I have problems with being sick, I was too ill to be anxious about it lol

G

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    My doctor used to say to me to stop watching the News on TV to stop me worrying so I did just that. I also stopped buying papers because they absolutely love to sensationalise to sell their papers.
    I haven't bought a newspaper in years simply because I would read the stories and then start worrying about them or get really upset by them. Even now I sometimes turn the TV over if I feel myself getting anxious when the news is on.

Try not to take too much notice of the news reports because unfortunately they do like the exaggerate to get a good story

Its like Nicola said, you might avoid this one but there will be another one. And in any case you might not catch anything

Look after yourself hun xxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Last month I had to put up with Ainsley Harriot on the radio telling us how to serve up a Christmas meal that will have everyone vomitting throughout Boxing Day. Every. Five. Minutes.

And now in January everyone is talking about the winter vomitting disease - on the news, on the internet.

They don't think about the emetophobes, do they!

bluebell, I agree with all that has been said so far.
    I got to a stage where I was doing a crossword puzzle and used the dictionary - at the top of a page was the word "coronary" Oh God its an omen" was my first thought then full blown panic.
    Even now years later I still try to miss the leader words in the dictionary.
    Like you anything in the paper was true and would happen to me.
    (Still have those thoughts sometimes) - but I DO kNow they put the worst cases in the paper to grab our attention.
    On a lighter note just look at some of the stories of the famous people that are just "alleged " they got us to buy the paper and then we found out we were conned - there was no good gossip after all !!!!
    Best wishes
    june

I must admit I just get on with things BUT i do carry around from Superdrug an antibacterial soap that dries on your skin and kills 90percent of all baceria - I always use it before eating out in public as I dont trust those hot air dryers or towels in public loos!!! Wenjoy x

I guess the normal response is : if you're going to get it you're going to get it.. full stop. And it doesn't appear to actually kill people!
    Not fun, but best not to worry about it. You might avoid it, might already be immune to it (if anyone knows better, I don't want to know!), or just get the rear-end version of it and not the vom version - which is much easier to deal with!

Hey bluebell guess what i've had it twice this month yeah twice and after this 2 week batch i'm almost better. (didn't puke)

but i guess its not bad if u get it or u don't

if u do then u can fight the virus and become immune. if u don't then you';; be fine won't you.

good luck

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information