Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: up date on mids meet up.

Re: up date on mids meet up.

thanks i will let you know closer to the date if i am a deff

thanks again

lea

ok all i think we are a deff unless something changes but i would love to know if there is any b&bs near and how far it is from hemel or just a postcode to venue
    so add leo05 and cheekymonkey plz
    many thanks
    lea
    and would it b ok to bring a cam to take some pics??

Hi leo, go to page 5 of this thread.,this will give you the location , i think it,s nearest exit is j25 of m1 if coming by car, long eaton is the nearest station if coming by train.Scroll down a few pages and you will see b& b,s as other members are staying over.Ofcourse you may bring the camera, click away. check out this thread each week as to the up dates , and we look forward to seeing you there.

Heythere Lea,

You and Susie best make it by the M1 to J24 where you take the A50 to Sawley (Long Eaton is signposted all the way).... when you come to low bridge turn left and follow road to roundabout with pub on left and nursing home on right; turn right and continue on till you see canal bridge ahead... the art room is where road makings indicate a right turn..... then only a hundred yards along that road - the post code will be NG10 XXX so simply look for Derby Road and Leopold Street.

Europa Hotel is right opposite - tell susie to call for rates etc, tho' I would suggest you stay at nearest travel lodge which is off A52 at Wyvern, Derby... only about half hour from venue. All good.... Stu xxxx

Hello. I'm a bit out of area I live in south lincs. would it be ok if I came too. If so I would have my husband and 6 year old with me. I think it would take about 1.5 hours to get to you. What time do you intend to meet up or is that flexible.

Hi sheba2, Anytime from 11 a.m.Do you need directions. look forward to meeting you ,hubbi and your 6 yr old.

HI there Sheba,

Great to know a family is coming to our meet; I live in Long Eaton so it's weird that the mett is being held in this not so well known town... As for South Lincs... I'm guessing that's down towards Retford or somewhere close - if so just head for the A46 from Newark and take the A52 at the Bottesford roundabout, turning for Nottingham and following the A52 all the way to the M1 South sign at J25 - not the M1 south signs for J24 and the airport. Stay on the A52 till J25 M1 South where you take the slip road to the traffic lights.... the inside lane is marked Long Eaton so you really can't get wrong there... the road curves left and then passes the Novotel to a mini-roundabout - turn right and follow on till a larger roundabout is reached; turn left there (that is onto Derby Road).... and Leopold Street is the last on the right before the easy to notice canal bridge... there are road hatchings at this point.... Turn right and the art room is towards the end of the street on the left hand side.... Hope these directions are suitable... some ppl have tried satnav and found themselves lost when seeking out Long Eaton so it's belt and braces suggestion really... All good wishes to you and yours....
    Last edited by Mystical; 01-03-08 at 04:17. Reason: spelling errors

Does satnav not work at all for trying to find the venue then? If I come I always rely on my Tom Tom as I'll be travelling a long way.

Karen

Thanks domino and mystical especially for directions. I mentioned it to my hubby and he is keen for me to get out and about anywhere after so long of being housebound. I'm really nervous but excited to. I'll keep an eye on the posts and bring something to add to the food list.

Sat Nav works Karen

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information