Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Norovirus

Re: Norovirus

Hi folks

I'm feeling much less anxious this morning - I had some burnt toast and marmite for tea (Sounds disgusting, but is actually quite tasty, and for me is a "safe" food, irrational as that is), was fine all night - no panic attacks (hurrah!), and ate breakfast this morning.

I did some positive visualisation last night - every time my mind drifted over to anxiety inducing thoughts, I very firmly redirected my thoughts to a good place (sitting on the cliffs in Cornwall, feeling the wind, and watching the sea and seagulls, smelling the grass etc). Can I recommend this method of calming down to other people?

Also haven't switched the telly on lest it brings me out in a cold sweat!

Also I have been out to walk the dog, and all seems well in sunny Catford.

So yes. I'm sending good thoughts to all emetophobes out there *grin* that our immune systems are strong, and all will be well.

Best wishes all

Rob

I am still really scared still of getting this.

Are people actually throwing up from this?

Is the vomiting as bad, as they make it out to be, as in can't control it and it very stronge?

Someone is of work with it today!

:-(

Hi,

I can relate to what you're all saying. I have emetophobia too and since hearing about the virus on the news, i've been more anxious and washing my hands more etc.

Friday I had to go to a doctors surgery and was scared i'd pick it up there. Then this morning the day centre I go to has opened again after the holidays, and I was anxious to go as there's more people there. I did go however, but whilst in the group i'm in, a girl was talking about her mum currently has this virus. The girl lives with her mum as far as I know, but she hasn't got the virus herself.

Does anyone know if I could still get it from the girl though as she lives with her mum?

I'm trying to do relaxing things as much as possible and my therapist has also advised me it's best to eat.

Heather x

Hi There, I have been reading this post and I myself have emetophobia but I am so relieved that I am not the only one suffering over this virus.

Ever since the news started reporting on outbreaks of norovirus I have been going crazy. I have been through about 6 bottles of hand sanitizer, I have not eaten any food made by other people, and I even cut off my acrylic nails incase i picked up the virus. I know I am being irrational but I can't seem to control myself. I am naturally a worrier anyway and things like this really dont help with my phobia.

I know 3 people that have had diarrhoea and Sickness from November and not known of the reasons why. Firstly my boyfriend who just came over all nauseous and the was up all night ill. luckily I wasn't with him at this time and I refused to see him for about a week after through fear of him having a bug I would catch. Then a few weeks ago my sister just woke up in the night with diarrhoea and projectile vomiting, no warning, and I was so scared I didnt even go to the bathroom until someone has bleached it and my sister had stopped being ill. My parents both said that if it was a virus then we all would have had it.
    Then not too long ago my colleagues fiance picked it up from a holiday park that got close down due to norovirus but my colleague didnt pick it up and neither did her 12year old twins.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I was just so glad that I wasnt the only one out there who had anxieties about this!!

Many thanks guys for putting my mind at ease.

Amy

projectile vomiting is this what you get with the noro virus or is that what the news is just saying

I have looked at a lot of medical sites and its seems to be what you get with norovirus

Oh no. I have felt funny all weekend like I was going to be sick, but, was not could that be the same thing?

I don't know to be honest. don't think so. it would have happened by now if it was. you get it within 12-48 hours of being infected i believe. (sorry im not a walking medical book lol, just have searched a lot about it in the hope that i will be able to avoid it.) I think your just getting worried, cos I know that the more worried and anxious I get the sicker I feel.

i am sending my posative thoughts to you all...
    i know thats not much help....
    but i have been there believe me... i used to worry about it really badley and it was ruining my life...i DO understand, i just wish i could say something to help.
    hang on in there this will pass...
    rach
    x

hi all,

i had this the day after boxing day - caught it from my in-laws who caught it in the nursing home where their parents live!

i cant really help you if you have a phobia of this but this is what happened to me - went to bed on boxing night feeling flushed and very tired- woke up at 6.30 with stomach ache, and had the runs until 10.15- started to be sick, with continued stomach ache and runs until 2.15, so thats 4 hours feeling pretty bad. then everything settled down, and i was very very tired and relieved. but i felt 'ill' for another day and a half, but just took paracetamol, drank water and lucozade and ate lightly. i even went shopping on the saturday night to get out.

it isnt nice, and for a few days i was worrying about getting something worse! this is how illness affects me, i start to think ill get pneumonia, and i was worried about how weak i felt and how achey my body was. so although i dont worry about being sick or having the runs, i do worry about health issues.

also i kept away from my husband and daughter for the day and i washed my hands everytime id been to the toilet and they didnt catch it, although they had been in contact with the people who had had it on christmas day and boxing day - so i think if you are going to get it you will, the only way not to get it is to isolate yourself.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information