Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cipralex update 3 and half months on

Re: cipralex update 3 and half months on

good to hear from you joannap - i guess in my heart of hearts I know its situational rather than likely related to dose meds. It just waves of anxiety and feeling tearful that remind me of how unwell I was.

Piggly - if I'm honest the first two months were not good on cipralex every side effect I had and the increase in anxiety was unbearable at times, but with support from people on here and sheer perseverance I stayed on the meds including numerous phonecalls and trips to GP for reassurance. Like you are feeling, every task was difficult but do keep going. I'm an occupational therapist and know the importance of maintaining habits and activities of daily living!!! maybe make a schedule of what you plan to do each day hour to hour and include resting/relaxation. live in the moment.

That dreaded feeling of having to get up and manage the day. I used to count down the hours till going to bed hoping that I might feel better the next day.

I can empathise with you.

hi piggly

i think its pretty normal like me an absb41 are going through to have off days. firstly we feel terrible all the time - then we have days of feeling better mixed with not so good days - its like two steps forward, one step back.

i know this may be a hard thing to accept for some people but the meds are not magic pills or a cure - they are only to help us to feel improved enough to figure out why we feel anxious in the first place. it has taken me 10 years to realise its my negative thinking and now i am doing something about it! it could also be caused by lifestyle/problems in your life that are not being addressed etc.

put it this way - i bet you are now filling your head with thoughts such as "oh my god, i'm going back to square 1, do i need to increase my dosage, am i ever going to feel better etc" - This is the type of thinking that only serves to release more adrenalin to keep you in the anxiety cycle. like me - you will probably find that you have these sorts of thoughts about life in general all the time and i believe that negative thinking is at the root cause of all anxiety conditions.

Hello all just an update - spoke with dr. who advised used diazepam sparingly to get me over the blip and so far ok

Piggly if you can keep us updated as I know I benefited from hearing from those who had been on the tabsa little longerX

joannap it certainly feels like that at times two steps forward, one step back!

Hope you are ok X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information