Hi, you're definitely not alone! I have a fear of vomiting too, I say fear rather than phobia as I've been sick a few times and just had to deal with it! I too had it since I was little. I was sick when I was about 5, then not again 'til I was 16, and let's just say I overdid it on the brandy and cokes on my b.day But I was so panicky about being sick I was running round like a madwoman, thus I didn't manage to do it in the loo or sink and my mum and best friend had a really nasty cleaning up job to do![:I]

A couple of years later I had a few days of the gastric flu. I thought i was gonna die! I was at my grandparents at the time and my Nan who had just had a major cancer op was looking after me, and then there was me acting hysterically just coz I was puking. It really should've got it in perspective for me, but alas it didn't!

Even now, if I've had a few too many bevvies and feel queazy, I pray and pray that I won't be sick, and touch wood, 9 times out of 10 I haven't been.

I personally put it down to the time when I was 2 and almost choked to death on a sweet. Only my Mum's long nails saved me! I also used to have a fear of swallowing tablets, so I think I'm just phobic of anything blocking my throat, which applies to the sickness phobia too I suppose.

Does anyone else have an occurance they can link their phobia with?