Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: needing too much sleep

needing too much sleep

I suffer with panic disorder as some of you already know and also have the extra heart beat stuff going on every day. I also find myself exhausted after being awake for 5 or 6 hours. Then I need a few hours sleep which makes me ok again. Am I alone?

People like us

Re: needing too much sleep

I am exhausted after an hour or two of being up in the mornings. I HAVE to go back to sleep for a couple for a couple of hours to make me feel okay, but i am worn out again by 6pm. I go to bed between 10 - 11pm so not even late. Every night while i am doing dinner i do it in a haze of tiredness and dizziness (i get dizzy when i am too tired!).

You are not alone!

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I am like you I love my bed. It's kind of the only place I feel safe and sort of locked away from the world for a while. Its like no-one can get me there.
    Being depressed and anxious really does make you tired though, its a struggle to do anything at all.

wow!!! I don't feel so alien anymore.....

I thought I was just getting lazy. I don't think I'm lazy but people around me don't understand. Neither do the Incapacity people who are getting harsher and harsher it seems.

Thanks guys for posting...I mean it

People like us

I sleep 13-14 hours a day. At first I thought it was the medication but I don't think it is. It's just feeling so drained after panic attacks and like a few people have already said, being in bed makes you feel safe.

yes..I feel safer home alone and in bed too. Hence no long term relationships....I'm 48 and will be alone forever now

People like us

Don't say that. This is something you can and will overcome. We all will. Are you actively seeking help? There are so many people out there who will be willing to help - from friends and family to professionals. If you haven't already, now is the time to start.
    Right now, my panic disorder and the amount I sleep (and when I don't sleep I want to!) is really affecting my university work, I'm failing. I can't get a job and therefore have no money, I can't build new relationships. But I know that it's a tough spot and when I'm back on track, everything will be great.
    Positive thinking.

Good to think positive....not easy though is it? I have tried to get help but there is a two year waiting list...and I have no family now. My friends don't understand and have basically abandoned me...guys eh lol

Thanks for supportive message though....kind words

People like us

hi omg wished i cud sleep lol any one got any tips i only sleep 4 hours a day if that .im sooooo tired but cant sleep cuz my mind thinking constantly and ppl like us you wont be alone for ever dnt say that lol tc elaine x

If we feel anxious by day then our subconscious will keep the anxiety going whilst we sleep so although we sleep, we don't get any truly beneficial sleep because our minds are restless so we feel tired when we wake up.

The only way to have a good nights sleep is to learn ways of relaxing the mind before we go to bed through a relaxing winding down ritual such as reading a book, listening to music etc to help switch off.

Kalms "can" make people feel drowsy and there are also other natural remedies but the effects may not last all night long.

If we go to bed with troubled thoughts, we won't sleep well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information