Thread: Panic trigger

Panic trigger

Hiya people... me again.. sorry. Just wondering if there were people on the site that suffer from stomach-related anxiety and emetophobia?

I've been getting better slowly (after a couple of big blips!) and am trying to beat this panic disorder altogether. Mostly, I'm not too bad. However, whenever I hear about someone throwing up (I know this sounds weird!) or that someone is ill, it triggers these massive waves of panic that will last for days. Basically, until I'm sure in my head I won't get ill.

For example, today, the day started really well for me. I wasn't feeling too anxious, was looking forward to my tutorial, had just got a great mark for an essay, then I bumped into my tutorial partner who had "just got back from home and wasn't well". I asked him why, and he said there was a bout of stomach flu going round and he was feeling sick. Despite this, I had to sit in a room with him for a whole hour! He says he's not thrown up yet, so it could be something and nothing. I just can't help panicking, I don't want to be sick, not to mention I can't be... what with exams round the corner. Why can't people be considerate and stay away from others when they're ill?! This morning I was full of positive energy and now I can't stop thinking about it, about how I'd cope if I had to throw up, and it makes the panic feel unbearable.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that does/feels "weird" stuff like this? And do you think I'll get sick, is that likely?

my first anxiety attack i threw up. ever since then i think about that attack and how if i have another one i will throw up. this triggers my anxiety and i end up throwing up anyway.

im sure you will be ok and not catch the bug he says is going round, there are some posts on here about the subject you mentioned but not sure who by maybe look in all forums might bring it up im sure they will be helpful

fan x

Thread Information