Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some People Get On Your Pip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some People Get On Your Pip

I became a grandma yesterday for the first time to a baby boy, daughter in law had to have a C section so will be in hospital a while loner than a normal birth, I really really want to go and see them both but, it's always the but and if, what if, sometimes I think you can do this and then the but's come into mind, what if you get the awful feeling when your away from your comfort zone that you hate to feel ,my sister in law who goes all over the world on holidays and any where she wants, asked me if I had been to see them yet, I said I hadn't plucked my nerve up, she glibly said oh I would be there like a shot, I should have said well unfortunately your not me are you, to see what she would have said to that, some people have no idea do they perhaps if they could have an hour like us they would soon change their tune fast, or perhaps not even cope with true anxiety at all.

Re: Some People Get On Your Pip

hi sherlock, firstly, congrats on becoming a grandmother . But i know exactly how you feel, my brother in law had a stroke 3 days ago and i could not go to hosp to visit him, to to nervous. Do you maybe have a family member or good friend who could go with you? sometimes this helps, and yes i would love to give certain people an hour in my body.lol. best wishes and have a lovely time with your new grandson
    joan xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations!
    Don't worry about her - anyone who really matters will either understand or keep their thoughts to themselves! If you can't face something this important to you it just proves to everyone just how badly anxiety affects you and that you're not putting it on.
    Good luck plucking up your courage - I'm sure it would mean so much to your family if you make it.
    best wishes

Sherlock,

CONGRATULATIONS on your first grandson.

Yup i agree, i get the odd comment here and there too at times and i just want to scream that they have no idea what they are talking about!

grrrrrr lol

Lisa
    xxx

Sherlock congratulations on your first Grandson.

You go and see your Grandson and family when you feel up to doing it and in a comfortable setting. Despite the difficulty in getting to the hospital I am sure you will be a wonderful Grandparent and that's all that matters.

People who don't have anxiety don't understand how difficult it is to visit hospitals and places that cause discomfort. Don't worry I'm sure you can do your bit when they come home.

Love
    Carol
    xxx

Yes it is annoying..... because you would be there like a shot too if you could!!!! I always think unless you have had it you dont know the half of what people with anx go through.

Enjoy being a grandparent

CONGRATULATIONS

Love Claire xxxxx

Hi Sherlock,

Congratulations on your new arrival!!

I became a grandad in September.Wonderful feeling!

Your daughter-in-law probably understands and she may appreciate a litte extra rest.
    When she comes home,she will probably appreciate your support and advice even more.
    Don't get dragged down by what others say or think-it really is not important enough to get side-tracked by.
    Enjoy the baby!
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi Sherlock,

Congratulations on joining the 'granny' brigade....its fab!!!!

Dont worry about others...you do everything in your own time, it doesnt mean you care any less.

Shaz x

hi sherlock, just wanted to say i know exactly how you feel. my brothers wife had ther first baby 8 weeks ago and we are really close, she too had an unexpected c section and was in for 4 days. my mum made me cry because she told me my brother thought i didnt want to see his baby. i wasnt going to say anyting but then my partner rung my brother and told him how upset was, he rung me and said of course he and anna understood that i would be there if i could and wouldnt want me making myself ill for the world. he hadnt said that at all it was just my mum trying to use emotional blackmail to ake me go. my partner wanted to tell her off about it but i wouldnt let him, its no use, if people have no understanding you just have to accept that. my brother rung me as soon as they came home and asked me to go round to be the first to see izzy at home. the people who really understand and love you know theres no way you wouldnt do something just because you couldnt be bothered so please dont worry and just enjoy your grandchild and make up for it when they come home

ju xx

Thanks to everyone who said kind words, and to tell you I got to the hospital in the end went with hubby, well go everywhere with him, I was very shakey, and had to go up 3 floors not too bad going up but it's the coming down that gets me you can see from being up high, so I get behind hubby and follow him, stayed for an hour, and held my little grandson it was a great feeling just to be there and hey I DID IT, that night though I had a terrible night for sleeping I do suffer with insomnia have done for years, I couldn't sleep, and yesterday I felt awful really cream crackered, so last night I took half er one of my Amitripteline and slept a bit better.
    Oh to be normal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information