Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Not sure if this is OCD

Hi Gaff. A similar thing happened to me, i had a friend who i knew for years, we got on well, acted like two daft kids! I thought i had found a friend for life, and she said i was a friend for life. She was the only friend i had. Thought there was one problem, she never really made the effort, i was the one who had to do all the calling and texting, and it drove me angry, so i sent her a few texts telling her what i thought. So i rang her a week later, her brother told me she wasnt there, but she just didnt want to come to the phone. She was there though. It really made me angry. So we didnt speak or hear anything of each other till a 7 months later, when i decided oring her, she said she forgave me and that i was still her friend, so we said wed meet up again and that the best time to phone her again one be the week later. So i did, no anwser. So i left it there, the last time i tried to get in contact with her was in august, sent her two texts to see how she was and stuff. No reply. So from then i decided she was no longer anything to do with me, a `mere mortal` so our friendship is over. Whats even more bad is she didnt even wish me a happy 21st birthday. That was what made me decide enough was enough.

I asked a few people what they thought, some said its cos im too clingy, others said its cos of the way i am. But i disgree strongly.

She was acting strange so i did the right thing, to try and see what was going on. Dont know why that was considered to be clingy?

She started university in september and made new friends. What has made me very angry is that i asked her if she would ever forget about me when she got to uni, she said no, but it was obvious she was lying. I knew it all along.

As i said though, she is no longer my friend, there is no way of going back and if i see her i will just walk on by. She is invisible to me now. True friends are people that stick by you for years, if the rest of your life. She is not a true friend and never was, i should have been more wise. Every person should always stick by their guns and instincts, dont be afraid to speak your mind or opinion in fear of upsetting someone. I now find it hard to trust any new friendships i make and it makes me more wary of people and what they say and their promises.

It is just something you have to accept, i have had to accept it, and though its hard to let go of someone you thought was a good friend, you just have to forget them. People do turn weird and act silly but never blame it on yourself, you were doing the right thing.

And remember, its THEIR loss and NOT yours.

(Please reply to this post if you have read it. Thanks)

Thanks for your post, OCDgirl. It makes a huge difference to know that others have gone through this. Sounds to me like you are doing really well, and have the right attitude.

I don't hate easily, and I think part of why it has taken so long for me to get past this silliness is my steadfast refusal to get angry with them. Sure, I'm hurt and disappointed, but nothing stronger. Now, that I am starting to feel better, I'm glad that anger never came.

I'm feeling a bit Zen, actually... By not holding onto anger, I'm coming out of this with a clearer head and a more positive outlook.

Thanks again for the post, and good luck!

Gaff

Im glad my post has helped you. It is strange that, the people/person you thought with value in your life, would turn against you, as is our cases. It made me extremely angry but there was nothing i could do, i felt like punching her but that would make me come across as a hooligan! It has taken me a long time to try and sort out how i cope with things, and i could have let it ruin me and burn me into the ground, but i have refused to and i am a fighter, remember, if it ruins you then you have let, or are letting them, win. Its such a hurtful thing, for someone who you valued and regarded as a person with importance in your life, to turn around and dismiss you. But i believe mental power, or power of the mind as i call it, wins the day. Maybe i could start wishing terrible things to happen to her, but it doesnt make me any better. Remember, that in cases like these it is a matter of power game, the more stronger you become in the mind, the better. Just keep on fighting against them, keep on kicking that door until it comes down.

Those two girls sound like manipulative little pric*s, mind my language(!), and we have to understand there are a lot of manipulative and stupid people out there. I think you should take my tips on board (like you have been doing) But always remember this one, anybody that causes you stress or grief are mere mortals, simply and utterly mere mortals.

Im glad you think ive got the right attitude, and it comes as a compliment to me, because most people i know think ive got the wrong attitude! But i dont agree, and theres no way, that i will sit back and let people get me down. Those utter mere mortals.

Sounds like you are getting over it though and moving on to a higher peace of mind, and i respect you for that. I think they are getting angry because you are not rising to their manipulative ways and you are ignoring them, carry on ignoring them, stay calm, dont rise to it, treat them like everyone else, and youll be on the right track, assured. And while you are in a nice state of mind, they will be fuming, twitching their manipulative fingers.

I hope this has helped aswell and if youve read it please reply. And seen as were going through, or have gone through, a similar thing, feel free to PM me, its the best thing to do on here.

Regards, OCD Girl

"The truth is out there" Frank Gallagher, Shameless

Maybe I'm being terribly naive, but I'm seeing things very differently than I did months ago. Back then I thought the dismissal of me was designed specifically to hurt me as much as possible. I really have come to believe, though, that this was just the easiest and best choice for them, and it wasn't designed to hurt, but to protect themselves. They couldn't take my behaviour, so it was simplest to write me off.

Now, that doesn't change the fact that it did hurt a whole lot, but I don't think that was their intention.

At any rate, I feel like I'm taking the high road, continuing to be polite and professional, but as distant as possible for their sakes.

GAFF

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information