Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: last chance gone

Re: last chance gone

Hello !
    Do not give up. Whoever you see - get a trusted buddy to go with you.
    We're all here rooting for you.
    Be kind to yourself

hiya thanks dying Swan for your comments, have decided on a course of action and i now feel pretty positive. Almost glad
    All my clutter in house will go into boxes next week ha ! there is much of it collected over years!!!! have ordered the boxes today
    Realise there is not much else i can do now, except make sure all loose ends are tied up.
    Thanx for you and everyone else's help
    Take care and always think positive
    Lots of love and gratitude
    Love Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richie,

While I well understand the good works done by the Patient Liaison Service, it really needs you to write a letter to the local Mental Health Trust Chairperson - possibly via the PALS people who have been helping - to advise them of the low standard of care you have received from those other than PALS. Not only will this inform that Chairperson of the matter but it may resolve other matters for ppl with similar need to register their disapproval of matters ongoing in their surgeries where ppl are being dismissed on the strangest of grounds. Other than that your PALS helper will tell you where the local Primary Care Trust can be contacted. I say this because only when complaints are registered following the necessary procedures does right action follow. I myself have had experience of this dismissive treatment; I put it in the hands of my MP.... know what... within a week or two I was offered an assessment appointment with a senior professional. Two years later than my first request, but pardon the pun - better late than never.

All best wishes Richie.... Stuart H

Hi Mysical
    yes idid get a placement at the outpatient hospital which i have accepted, however, the assessment i had there had been the final insult and i really couldn't go on with things anymore, i am hoping very much to move from here in the not too distant future. That i am very sure about. Except my other half needs to find another job elsewhere so its not going to be easy at all.
    But like you said the trust here needs to be infomed of whats been going on, otherwise nothing is going to change at all in the mental health sector.
    So last saturday i typed out a 2 page letter and sent it both to the person who had been at that assessment and also the Chief executive of the primary Care Trust.
    I've never complained like that in writing before , and even if it has no effect, it certainly left me feeling better to get the whole lot off my chest.!!
    I have decided over the last few days to go right back to square one and try to remember what my CBT therapist of many years ago taught me.
    It does mean having to do it myself and i have made a start by drawing up worksheets. It also means ive got to set myself some very small tasks/goals every week which isn't easy as i used to have such a full active life. And things like just going into the front garden for 10 mins daily etc doesn't seem much. I have to do it this way gradually recording everything and giving it a score etc so please wish me luck.
    Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Richie,

i'm so glad you have written a complaint letter, I think 1 of the reasons mental services are so shoddy is because we don't complain enough. I can't believe what mental health professionals (?) get away with - they certainly wouldn't dare to behave in such a fashion in any other branch of medicine.

I really hope going alone works for you - you sound really positive, I also decided to go it alone and to have nothing to do with the CMHT, it worked for me, so the best of luck.

Red

Hi there
    just to say that first stage of legal proceedings about my treatment has just begun after that there are many other avenues before the last resort "The Human Rights court" with a mental health issues lawyer.
    please wish me luck, i'm not doing it for compensation although i've lost about 4 years of my life but just for them to aknowledge that human life can not be treated in such a way (or animal x) i'll try find my own way clear but this is for anyone who can't stand up for themselves.
    I am FRIGHTENED because i intend to take it all the way, if anyone can give me some tips then please do.
    Richie xxxxx

While understanding completely the situation you outline richie, I would advise one more hopefully useful course of action and that is to contact MIND in your locality and ask to be represented by their ADVOCACY people; far too many individuals either go it alone or seek out people who can only partially represent their interests..... MIND is not one of these. To have someone advocate for oneself while feeling vulnerable is something they are very good at. I originally piloted the programme in the UK after seeing it in action in Holland in the 80's; little did I know they would be advocating for me some 20 years later. As with yourself I too have had PALS support but the MIND advocacy service has taken me much further to achieving the goal of being able to make my own mental health choices. Best of luck mate....

Ohhhh Richie this is absolutly terrible the way you are being treated. I totally understand with you about the fact that it is impossible to fight with the powers at the moment because you are using all your strength at the moment to just survive. Hopefully your family can do the fighting for you. Please hang in there and hopefully you will get the support and understanding you need very soon. I hung in there for 12 years never ever believing there would be an end to it all. The only thing that keep me going was my children. I had no family support at all. Believe me when I say - There is a light at the end of this dark tunnel, you just don't see it yet. But trust me it is there. You will see it one day, and when you do it is the most beautiful feeling, so hang in there sweetie.

Love
    SJ

Hi Richie
    I think what your doing is brilliant, mental health services only get away with stuff because people can't stand up for themselves - you are extremely courageous in my view and i wish you tons of luck.

Red

Hello Richie,

I must confess I've not been looking in this section but I've just been reading all the posts in this thread.

I had no idea you've been through So much and my heart goes out to you. You're obviously a very determined person and it's an attribute to be admired.

It's a Disgrace how you've been treated and so you have every right to fight them. I would have thought you've got a strong case too.

I wish you All the luck in the world with your cause although I feel "luck" shouldn't come into it because it should be clearly evident how badly you've been treated to whoever listens to your case.

I know I've had a few bad experiences myself with professionals but I find it incredible how people can go into a "caring" profession when they have the knowledge but not the most important quality a professional Should have when treating people who are so in need of help. That being - Compassion.

I wish you well Richie. It's about time lady luck shone on you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information