Thread: was this a panick attack?

was this a panick attack?

Yesterday evening i just suddenly got a seriously racing heart, like 120 bpm and the feeling that i was going to die right there and then.

I had the urge to 'escape' to the bathroom which is my safe place, then i managed to calm myself but it lasted a good 30 mins halfr hour. also felt really sick and agitated, didnt really know what to do with myself.

My panick attaks are not usually like this...i get funny sensation in head and my heart never really races. So was this a panick attack? are anyone elses like this?

Thanks
    Cassi

Re: was this a panick attack?

Hi there Cassi,

A racing heart is a very common symptom of a panic attack and the fact that you ran to your safe place would make it a definate for me hun. You could mabe try to learn some breathing excersises so that when you feel it coming on again, you will be able to bring in the breathing excersises and slow your heart rate down.

good luck hun

Lisa
    xxx

Last night I felt very similar. My heart was racing and my BP was rising and I felt horrible. I thought for sure I was going to pass out. But because I am still here and once the Ativan kicked in and my husband calmed me down it went away, my guess is that it mustve been a panic attack. It was different from my usual ones as well so it made me extra anxious.
    It sounds to me like you experienced the same type of thing. It is so scary and hard to believe that it could only be anxiety but that is probably the most likely thing.
    Hope you feel better and it doesnt happen again for either of us!!!

hi im new to this, didnt realise so many poeple suffered with the same thing as me. i get the sweaty palms and my heart races i think im going to die there and then.i get pressure in my head and feel very sick like im going to pass out i get very dizzy and i feel detached from my body.i try to escape from it but struughle to i dow no what to do with my self when i have one as i now have them inside my home which used to be my safe spot.

Thread Information