Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coming of Sertraline

Re: coming of Sertraline

maybe if you do some internet searching where it says you should stay on a dose that suits you for a least a year after remisssion from symptoms and print it out!!! Think your GP seems a tad anti meds,

Love Joy

Yes Joy I will do that, I think he is anti meds as soon as I feel better he wants me of them I think some docs need extra training in mental health issues, although he seems sympathetic he seems to think all will be well if I give up working, not so ,this is only half the problem.
    Love
    Lesley

Cloud cuckoo land!!!

Joy

in my experience doctors want you to come off a'depressants approximately 3-4 months after feeling better if you have only had a few episodes - i suppose i can see the sense in it in that they are really only designed as a crutch to help you through. however - more therapy etc should be in place as so many people relapse and then have to back on them.

in chronic cases of anxiety/depression you are advised to be on them for 3-5 years and some people will require a maintenance dose for life. i suppose the success rate lies within how far we can take recovery ourselves - i do feel recovery is available to everyone but our own life circumstances/how far and able we are willing to implement what is necessary for recovery is a personal thing.

i know that i have felt terrible - at rock bottom with constant intrusive thoughts etc but when i accept and give into it and actually embrace it - the turnaround in my symptoms is amazing - i literally improve within days so it just goes to show that meds are only part of the treatment - they cannot change your thoughts/stresses in your life and so this part is down to us.

Smile Re: coming of Sertraline

hiya im new to this site and have not been able to introduce myself yet ,but i was reading about your medication sertraline and im on the same you ,mention your doctor says there is not 75mg ,but i take that by taking one and a half tablets maybe this wou;d help you?

I am new to the board as of today so I am a little lost. My name is Kathy. I slowly came off of my 200mg of Zoloft over a 4 month period. I did fine with no side effects. I still felt fine for 4 more months and then began to feel depressed again. Overwhelmed by the things going on in my life. 2 boys moving home from college, need new roof from hail storm, cars on the blink, I need to return to work to increase our income but feel totally unable to function. I restarted the Zoloft at 100mg, up to 150mg for a week, and now on 200mg for a week. I still feel awful. I thought since it worked so well before, I could count on it again but nothing is better. We added 150mg of Wellbutrin this week as I used it before with my Zoloft. Am I crazy to give up already or is there still a chance the Zoloft will work?

I don't know how to get back here after I leave, but I will try to navigate the board. I am very new at this. Thanks.

Hi kjh,welcome to the forum you will get lots of help here.I think you should hang in there a while , although I must say that after going back up too 100 mg again I don't think I feel as good as before I cut down to 50 mg ; but I feel better on 100 mg than on 50mg and I manage.
    Take care
    Lesleyb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information