Thread: ANNOYED!!

Question ANNOYED!!

Right so basically, i've been diagnosed with mixed anxiety and depression... and i know i shudnt but i cant help but think it could be something more... I am so not motivated, I am not so much afraid to leave the house but would just rather not because of the dizziness and panic feelings. I feel kinda weird like most of the time and stuff seems surreal... and i feel detached. I've read about all the symptoms n stuff n know this happens, but i feel like it consistantly. It worsens in different situations but its jus really freakin me out. I keep reading about like different mental illnesses n im like I MUST HAVE THAT.... only making me feel worse. Im paranoid that im all of a sudden gonna start seein things n talking to things that arent actually there or something... its so silly..... n i'm at such a crucial time atm with final a level exams n uni applications but honestly i just dont feel motivated in puttin in the effort. Its so annoyin I used to be so worry free and super motivated!! I can't help but think maybe this isnt anxiety??!

Any pointers, similarities and tips about how i feel would be so appreciated. Just looking through this site alone has helped me alot.

thanks

Re: ANNOYED!!

Sorry to hear you feel down. I am exactly the same as you. I used to be so happy, so motivated and full of life, then suffered from PA, GAD and more recently depression following illness. Now I find it difficult to go out the house (I can’t be bothered and even if I do I am likely to have a PA so what is the point). It takes me an age to get to work (which I am still hanging on to) and then I feel rotten all day here. I also suffer from constant disorientation, dizziness and loads of non descript physical symptoms.

Depression can make you feel very demotivated. My CBT therapist gave me a very good diagram which shows how slowly without corrective action the circle increases from PA and GAD to depression and agoraphobia.

Please remember that anxiety is very different to other mental illnesses. I tell myself it is simply an adrenaline rush or overload and nothing else.

The easiest way to deal with things is to break things down into small achievable chunks and then congratulate yourself on achieving each bit. That way you will not feel overwhelmed which is when the hide under the duvet syndrome and do nothing syndrome kicks in.

With your final exams coming up it is a very stressful time. Stress leads to increased adrenaline which can lead to anxiety and then circle goes on. Try to take some time out to relax (relation CDs are good for this but you must do them regularly).

Otherwise have you spoken to your doctor about medication and/or counselling?

yea i started anti depressants.. fluxotine something or other, n yea over christmas i felt better n everything i had been feeling jus seemed insignificant... but as soon as the holidays finished n went back to college my dizziness n feelings of unreality came back, n iv been finding it so difficult to fall asleep n stay asleep. its just horrible. watever i do its like impossible to switch off n get out of worrying. n yea iv had a few counselling sessions but found them totally unhelpful... whenever i say something she goes off on one n trys to explain things that arent even relevent. really shes given me no answers or techiniques to deal with it. apparently as I come across as confident so she thinks i cant be that worried.... she even asked me on average what percentage of the day do i worry n i was like 80-90% n she didnt believe me!? no symptoms I had felt were explained n i was so convinced i was goin mad but then lookin jus on this site alone showed me so many others do feel like this...

so annoyin!

It sounds to me as if you need something like cognitive behavioural therapy. This will give you some coping mechanisms for example in order to get you through your final exams. Fluroxine is I think Prozac, quite a common anti-depressant. It may take some time to work.fully. If you have been on it for some time and you feel it is not working then speak to your doctor – they may able to recommend something else – for example Citrolapram is used to treat both anxiety and depression – however any changes must be done in conjunction with your doctor.

Thread Information