Well done Emily

Things are looking up, back at work, Priory visit etc!!!

Just thought you might be interested to note my GP also advised taking Propranol when required - not all the time. He said they would take 20 mins to work. And they did!

I think this may have been because I was doing ok, and he didn't want to start me on a regime of drug therapy. Instead, I would wait until whatever was bothering was imminent, decide if I could cope or not, then take a beta blocker to prevent panic from becomming over whelming.

It worked for me, it may not for you. Now I just carry one around with me (40mg).

The last time I took one was when my gran arrested during some tests in hospital and the crash team had to recussitate her. I had half a one whilst we were waiting for the outcome.

I think my doc prescribed them in that way so that I wasn't getting another thing to be dependant on. Also, although I was suffering from panic attacks at the time, I went to see the doctors because I was in a permanent anxious state. Maybe it was different for me because of this?

He also advised that alcohol would affect the tablets, and that you were best to avoid drinking whilst taking them, but that a small quantity would be ok . Example he gave was going to a wedding - have tablet to get there, start to relax, allow yourself a glass of wine with the meal.

Hope this helps - maybe our docs went to same medical school!

Charlie