Thread: Blood test ok but still worried

Unhappy Blood test ok but still worried

Hi
    I am fairly new on here and posted last week about my worry over stomach cancer and lung problems.

I have just had my blood test results from my doctor and they are all ok. I have been getting scared that I have got Stomach Cancer as I suddenly started to get acid intigestion and burping. I am not sure what would show up in a blood test if I did have this cancer so It has not really put my mind at rest.

I am still waiting for the chest X ray to come back.

I have also asked by doctor about CBT I have not done any kind of therapy or medication for my excessive worrying. I have been told that there could be a long wait on the NHS. Have any of you had good results with CBT for excessive worrying and do you know what it may cost to go private.

Thanks
    Morchie

Re: Blood test ok but still worried

Don't worry, if you had any kind of cancer the mutated cells would have shown in the blood test.

Im on paroxetine and doing cbt, however my paroxetine is wonderful it makes me a normal rational person.

I had a tummy ache the other day and you know what first thought came to mind?...................gas it must be gas and i left it at that and went along my day!!!

It was so nnice not to think the worst and then make myself even more ill worrying over it.

Good luck, but remeber you need to get your Dr to help you asap

I have bloating, burping, pain, flatulence.......in short every symptom of IBS, on top of Anxiety Disorder which is known to make IBS worse. I have been to my doctor this week, who felt around and said evrything was fine, and put me on Cipralex again. Yet I still worry that I have something more serious.

If the blood tests have come back normal, everything must be fine. Cancer would have shown up.

If life hands you lemons, add Tequila!

im actually worried to about things lik cancer too are you sureit wd show in the cells please im very anxious

Yes they'd show in the blood test, cancer sends out tumour cells into the blood which can be detected in a full blood count.

Quote Originally Posted by Morchie View Post

I have been getting scared that I have got Stomach Cancer as I suddenly started to get acid intigestion and burping.
    don't worry. I'm suffering similar symptoms (since early May). Indigestion, burping, bloated feeling etc. Have had bloods done too and all clear. I'm due to see a gastroenterologist in 2 weeks when I expect I'll have an endoscopy done. I was worried about cancer at the beginning because of all the googling . It's just horrible indigestion that's refusing to go

Indigestion is an evil evil thing, friend. High acidity in the stomach and other little things in your gut which cause you to get indigestion more often than others are rediculously common and really nothing to worry about.

You have to think of it like this:
    Chronic/recurring indigestion - rediculously common.
    Stomach cancer - unlikely!

Are you a smoker? Do you have any risk factors? If not, you have to think how stupidly unlikely stomach cancer is in yourself - and in the event that you did have it (which you don't), you would have different symptoms, not the exact symptoms of acid reflux and whatnot.

Now think - how likely are you to win the lottery? And so you probably don't go out and obsessively buy a hundred tickets and see if you do. Do you get my point?

You're gonna be just fine, pal.

how sure are you about this as im worried about cancer just now i had a full blood count done and it was normal along with normal cell counts whites and reds

I'm very sure, I'm going to be a nurse! I promise you, it would have ben detected. Have you got specific cancer fears? Have you told your doctor about them?

Thread Information