Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had to succumb to meds again

Re: Had to succumb to meds again

HEY I have been taking Russell to bed with me since Christmas ..... how utterly dare you?? LOL

Yvonne I will send you an email.

Love Ellen x

Joanne - yes can be placebo for definite. It's all about attitude and the way we think I reckon. Wish you well.

Pink; Nah, I thought I was the only Russel Brand fan!!!! You definitely can't have him - he's mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooh those tight jeans lolxxx

I think attitude definitely has something to do with it. I think when I first went onto meds, I focused on the smallest thing. The side effects drove me mad. I also didn't expect AD's to be anything like they actually are. I hoped for some sort of euphoric effect, but they aren't like that at all.

People have asked me 'do I feel totally different'. But I almost could say that I don't even notice I'm on them sometimes.

I've mainly been on SSRI type ones and had an awful time when starting and increasing the dose. But after that initial period I could almost say I don't notice a huge difference from how I feel normally.

They've never even touched my anxiety. But I realise now that anxiety is more complex and taking any pill isn't going to suddenly change things. Tranquilisers mask anxiety, but without them it's just as bad the next time. I'm scared of rollercoasters and taking a pill isn't going to change that. It's only through doing it and surviving that you start to learn that it's 'safe'.

Several profs have told me that AD's don't usually have a sudden effect that pulls you from rock bottom, they usually just stop things from getting worse and help you get yourself back on your feet through your own effort.

As for Russel Brand... I just don't get that thing with women liking him.

....you swines!

Jim

Yvonne don't look at it as 'succumbing to meds' you are just having a little help to get you through this move.

Anyone know this is one of THE most stressful events in life.
    You also know that you can do with out meds, you just need a little help from time to time

You know you have been fantastic the past few weeks - and now you are closer to the move and reaching a time when everyone feels panicky - dreading set backs (in the move) worrying about packing there is lots to add to that list and THEN add the day to day things like cooking etc

Now think to your self "flippin eck no wonder I'm tired'

Now you know you have a very good reason for feeling that way - we all know you will be OK

Best wishes
    June

Ahhhh so nice (sorry thinking aloud) ---

Thanks so m uch June - and you are quite right of course. In fact after coming off the Duloxetine and it not being as scary as I had expected I would not hesitate to do it again. It was the Seroxat withdrawal that scared me so much and the shrink even said it's a bit like post traumatic thingy cos I can't forget how bad I was post Seroxat.

As you say with the move on top of me now - so much to do and it is not easy. Thanks again for your kind words and hope you are doing okayxxx

Jim, Now Russel Brand..... it's his character I love, his humour isn't exactly my cup of tea - but the man is just oooh wonderful I think is the best way to describe him. Just love his style and he is so articulate. The book surprised me very much. I don't think men like him in general, my hubby doesn't - well he wouldn't cos he knows I fancy him.

Jim you are sounding better. The anti depressants never ever made me feel euphoric or high or whatever - that's when they worked of course.

When I was on Seroxat, which did work I felt normal - that is the only way I can describe it. I felt my normal self. I still did get anxiety in lots of situations but not badly and I did have the courage to face the anxiety. I think that's what ad's do.

In a couple of weeks I will be in Moclobemide heaven lol........ please god.

Take care all.

PS Jim, exactly right what you said about the anxiety and the bit about not liking rollercoasters (oooh orrible fings they are) --- as you say - doing it and surviving, doing it and surviving, again and again. That is the way out of panic attacks and it's very hard work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information