Thread: slippery slope

slippery slope

hi my friends at no more panic

you havent heard from me for a while because things have been going good for me except with my mum being ill at christmas that was a set back

now i am scared i am going to slip back into the way i was before when i was off sick from work for months with anxiety and depression

i went back to work and gradually increased my hours to full time not by choice but this is what work insisted on they promised once i was back full time for two weeks i could then reduce my hours

but it seems they are taking there time to sort this out for me i have discussed it today with the manager she is well aware of my situationand she promises to get back to me but i never get an answer for ages i am panicking now as i dont feel i can make it to the end of the week without calling in sick

i feel my mood is down and i cant lift myself out of it
    also the feeling of anxiety are back again

i dont know what to do to lift myself out of this before its too late and i am back to square one please help i trust your advice xx

Re: slippery slope

surely one of you must have some advice for me ?xx

Hi Freda,

I take from your original post that things were going positively for you.
    What changes to lifesytle/approach had you made which led to this?
    Are you maintaining these changes?
    I tend to throw myself into things-over-doing it.Sometimes we need to say no.Your health must come before your job not the other way round.
    Talk to your manager again-firmly but politely.Emphasis to him/her the potential for harm to your health if the promised hours are not forthcoming.Be strong about this.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

thanks for your support and for the record i look just like her miss piggy that is and ill try to get those books out the libruary thanks

Thread Information