Thread: Ache when straining

Ache when straining

Sorry for the graphic nature of this post. A week ago I first noticed that when I 'strained' around my bladder and bowel region to 'feel' what to extent I needed to urinate, I had an ache in my rectum, behind the tail bone. I only feel it if I strain that area, so it happens if I'm having a poo as well. It feels like I'm hurting the area by straining.

The ache hasn't gone away. It was just there one day and hasn't left. I'm wondering if my poking of the area around and including the tailbone sustained it. I'm worried it could be bowel cancer, bone cancer or muscle cancer - what would the signs of that be anyway? It's the only type I've never Googled and know nothing about.

I suspect I know what it might be. I'm one of those people who finds it hard to urinate in public and strained really really hard to do so the day before, so maybe I pulled/hurt a muscle in my rectum in the process, though I don't know if it would still hurt after a week.

As I predictably end all my posts... has anyone had this before? :(

Re: Ache when straining

Hi Boy, first of all don't google!!!!!!! Second don't prod and poke!!!!! I think you have strained a muscle by the sounds of it, if it does'nt get it ,checked out and that will put your mind at rest.
    Take care
    Lesleyb

I've not Googled, definitely won't be doing that! I'm trying not to prod and poke, not done so today. Just wait and see what happens I spose :s

Well, this is an old post, but I am in the same boat now. For the last few days, I have had a lot of aching down in the bladder area. I have another post out here for some other wee issues. Now I am concerned about it. It especially aches when I get up our of a chair, or sneeze or cough. It kind of feels like it does when you have to go really really bad for a long time, that solid ache. but it is like that all day now, even after I go. I cannot think of anything that I could have done to strain that area. I think the worst, but I pray that I somehow just strained my bladder or in the bladder area. Is that possible?? There was no posts here that stated the outcome.

anybody??

I have similar pains, the doctor and I put it down to IBS, anxiety and general aches and pains.

Also it could be constipation and don't forget about what anxiety can do to the body, or more specifically adrenaline.

That is what I was thinking, (hoping) I know I have IBS and diverticulosis, and Fibro. But it seems different than that feeling. Feels like it is actually strained. If I think about it, of course it gets even worse. Comes and goes. But it does seem to connected. When I don't get the fiber I need, and I get a little constipated, it seems to be even worse. You get that?

If you get constipated a bit, IBS or whatever, it seems to cramp up bladder area?

Thread Information