Thread: Jamie Oliver programme worry

Jamie Oliver programme worry

Hi,

Did anyone watch the Jamie Oliver programme yesterday where they dissected a dead body to see how much fat was inside it? I usually have two shortcake biscuits while I'm reading all the new threads each night but all I can think about now is that programme. I miss my shortcake biscuits. Did this affect anyone else? I suppose it had the desired effect if it made us think about what we eat. I still miss my shortcake biscuits though. I worry a lot about the state of my insides.

Brandy Snap x

Re: Jamie Oliver programme worry

Hi Brandi,

Fat is an essential component of the human body.
    Your biscuits,in moderation,are a perfectly fine component of your normal,healthy diet.
    Programmes like this are designed to shock and to augment Mr Oliver's no doubt very healthy bank balance.
    Forgetaboutit and live your life!!!
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi Brandy Snap, I agree with Chalky, it's all about moderation. A couple of shortcake biscuits a day won't do you any harm as long as you make sure your overall diet is healthy. I am quite paranoid about biscuits and cakes now and I always buy mine from M&S as none of their foods contain any trans fats which are the 'bad fats'. If we believed all the stuff we see on TV and read in the papers we wouldn't be eating anything

Re Jamie Oliver

I for one would just like to ask this man one question. If how food/chickens are processed etc., matters so much to him then why on earth does he not terminate his lucritive contract with Sainsburys who actually sell all these things??
    The answer as Chalky says is because of his bank balance!

Carry on having your shortcake biscuits Brandy. As long as we eat things like this in moderation they will do absolutely no harm.

Pink
    xxx

Thanks Chalky, Lyn and Pink. I watch all these programmes then wish I hadn't. Saw them trying to squeeze liquid cheese through a pig's heart on Diet Doctors - didn't eat cheese for about two weeks after that, but it gradually crept back on my plate. Didn't know that about Marks and Spencer biscuits, thanks. I didn't think the Jamie Oliver programme gave enough time to take comprehensive notes. I remember red wine and dark chocolate contain antioxidants. Was it olive oil that helps flush away any debris that might be stuck to our artery walls? I had three cats asleep on my knee and didn't want to disturb them to get up and find a pen! I remember tinned tomatoes are good - can't remember what for. Maybe it will be written on a website somewhere. Thanks for your replies. Brandy Snap xx

Nothing would stop me having my biscuits and hot choc before bed. Its not as if you are having deep fried food everyday...then i would be worried.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

And I can't sleep without my Ovaltine Bluebell!

Brandy xx

Brandy Snap I really wouldn't worry about missing the things the woman on the programme said were good or bad for us. By next week what she said is good for us will be bad! I am fed up of reading all this stuff about good and bad foods in the newspaper and then a few weeks later they say it's not true after all. If we believed everything they told us we would eat nothing!

As long as we try to eat a fairly healthy diet, do some exercise and don't get too overweight then I'm sure most people are fine. The current consensus on what you should eat seems to be eating lots of soluble fibre, like oats for example, a variety of fruit and veg, especially the dark blue/purple fruits and dark green leafy veggies, wholemeal bread, pasta and rice rather than white and use olive oil or rapeseed oil for cooking, white meat rather than red meat and oily fish. Obviously eating a lot of junk food or highly refined foods isn't good for us, but in moderation they are fine.

Thread Information