Thread: Cushing' disease ??????????????

Cushing' disease ??????????????

My new fear is Cushing's disease
    I've never really feared this until tonight . I read something about a hump on the back of you neck that could be a symptom of Cushing's disease
    Well I have a hump on the back of my neck (buffalo hump) I always thought it was because I was overweight. But now I'm freaking out that its because I have Cushing's disease
    Does anyone have any info on this???????????????????

Re: Cushing' disease ??????????????

sweetie will all have a lump on the back of our necks. when you are overweight it is much bigger. just try to relax and remember we are all here for you. try not to google problems too much. when you google which i used to do i found out that i had every disease out there. If you are really worried you should go to the doctor. good luck and i hope its not serious.
    love SJ hugs from australia just for you

I googled this one many months ago and was convinced I had cushings disease and that was the cause of all my problems, I didn't have it. The more I googled the more convinced I was then I found something far worse and thought I had that.

Try not to google it is so destructive, I haven't done it for many months now and feel alot better for it. I too have a lump on my back which is a bit more prominent that other peoples, my mum has it and so did my nan so try not to worry I think it is quite normal.

All the best
    Carol

Thank you guys for your support

I'm still very freaked out and scared this morning. I have convinced myself that this is what I have and I'm dying :(

Carol
    what made you google cushing's in the first place. For me I found it my accident. I was looking up thing on ovary cysts and some how found the symptoms to Cushings. As soon as I read the hump part I totally fell apart.
    I don't really have any other symptoms of cushings but the more I read the more I'm thinking the symptoms that I do have might me related.

Could you please explain your neck hump to me. My feel and looks like a hard boney hump at the end of my neck and beginning of my shoulders

Hi, sorry you are panicking about cushings, but it is a problem with the Pituitary gland which is at the front of your brain behind your nose so wouldn't cause a lump on your neck. I think everyone has a lump there I know I have, and my friend has a lump it runs in the family. Try not to worry go and see your gp to put your mind at rest.
    Take care

Sorry pressed wrong key.
    Take care
    Lesleyb

Hi lesley

Yes mine feels like a big hard lump in between my shoulders and just below my neck also. My mum says that it is more prominent because our family are slightly round shouldered. Apparently it is something that runs in our family.

I think the reason I googled cushings was something I had read about a puturity gland and I somehow thought that was what I had. I never read anything about the hump on the back.

Try not to worry coz what you have sounds very normal to me but if you are worried ask the doctor, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Love Carol

xx

Thread Information