Thread: Cinema

Cinema

I tried to go to the cinema last night. All the conditions were perfect: traffic was light, I got parking near the cinema, it wasn't packed, I was on my own and still I couldn't bring myself to buy a ticket and go into the screen. I wasn't panicking and I wasn't feeling particularly anxious but I was so afraid that once I went in, I would immediately panic. Anyone else get like this? I felt like such a failure, like I gave up way too soon

Re: Cinema

Hi Eva

I for one think you were really brave to get as far as you did and you are in no way a failure.
    I have had incidents like this where i just couldn't go the whole 100 yards so to speak and like you i felt a failure till it was pointed out that i tried and that's an achievement in itself.
    Next time who knows you may get to the Cinema or it may take you another few times of just getting used to the journey there, but the main thing is that you are being positive and trying

Love
    Pink
    xxx

Hi Eva

i also think you done really well doing what you did, so well done girl .

Love Sandyjanexxx

I remember going to the cinema once and I did buy the ticket and go in but when the traillers started I felt quite bad and disorientated.I was with a friend so I went outside with her and calmed down (did my breathing, thought challanges etc). I went back in and was still feeling bad but sat through it. As soon as I got into the film all the feelings went away. By the time I left I felt really good about myself.
    I'm telling you this because it is so important to know that others feel like you, you are not alone, and it is something that you can overcome. It has nothing to do with a one persons bravery over another or different circumstances, it is down to practise. The amount of times I have wimped out before this is ridiculous!!! But you can do it and each time you go you will get a little bit further. Practise makes perfect so well done you for starting the process.

thanks everyone. i suppose if I did try look positively at it then I would see that up to a month or two ago, I wouldn't even have considered going into the building at all.

hi, yes i agree with the others, you did brill to even think about going there, so that is a success in itself, sometimes its just too much to do in one whole chunk. also if you did get your ticket and go in, you could leave anytime, nobody would know why, you could be feeling sick or have tummy ache, or just not like the film. only you would be worried about why you had left. i have had numerous panic attacks in moveies but i have never left and it has got easier. we went at christmas and i even had words with a guy who didnt want to move up for us, i panicked but jus tsat and waited for it to go, and then i was really proud of myself because i really didnt need the aggro. anyway i ahve never been on my own and i would be very proud of myself if i could even drive on my own to my cinema, i think im along way off doing that! dont beat yourself up!?

Heya Eva-May,

I have been there,there is just times where you just don't feel like you can do it,dont be hard on yourself,well done for even making it to the cinema.

Karen

Keep your heart open to dreams,
    For as long as there's a dream,
    There is hope,
    And as long as there's hope,
    There is joy in living.

Well done for getting that far. Next time maybe bring a friend? I've been gonig loads with my daughter over the past few months, I'm well up to date with anything rated 12 and below - even went yesterday. The distraction of someone else helps me.

I feel worse when there is someone with me, no matter who it is but I will keep trying and let you know if I'm successful!

Thread Information