Thread: Effexor and pregnancy - help!

Effexor and pregnancy - help!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but since my doctor put me on 75mg of effexor a day, I have felt really good.

I have just discovered I am six weeks pregnant, not planned, but a nice suprise, this will be my third child.

On visiting my doctor he has told me to stop taking the effexor and to stay off any medication to help with my nerves/panic attacks.

I have been off the medication for a week now and already I am feeling dreadful. I have got palpitations, shakes, panic and just don't feel good. Can anyone here give me any advice?

I am just wondering if I am mentally stabile enough to deal with this pregnancy?

i have just had my 3rd child 3 months ago and all the way through my pregancy i was great never had a panick attack felt great but then after he was born thats when they came back and bad for a while but im doing good now though.

I have never been on any tablets though as i refuse to take them.

good luck with the pregancy.

Hi Laura

Congrats on the good news!
    It's probably a mixture of being off medication and your hormones being all over the place that is making you feel so dreadful.
    Have you tried any relaxation techniques or CD's to help calm you down, I am sure Rescue Remedy will be ok too, but check first.
    Aromatherapy oils- use with caution as some must not be used during pregnancy as they are quite potent.
    I don't know about any other natural remedies, you could go into your local health food shop and ask for some advice, I have found thm very helpful and very knowledgeable.

Hope this helps.

Take care

Elainex

Congrats!! I'm sure that your body is just feeling a bit confused at the moment and that you will soon settle down and enjoy the pregnancy..

congrats about the pregnany, my oldest coz's (25) has a girlfriend who is 15 weeks pregnant

so happy for you laura

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

Hi Laura

Congratulations, although unexpected i bet you are all over the moon. I am really pleased for you. Dont forget aswell of coming of the tablets your hormones are changing but hopefully it will soon settle down.

Take care

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Laura

Congratulations.

I am sure it will settle down in time. It may be a bit of the pregnancy as well as the coming off the meds that is making you feel worse.

It will get better in time I am sure.

Nicola

Congratulations on the pregnancy Laura.

As others have said, coming off the medication and the hormones due to the pregnancy are probably making you feel worse.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragment. I will keep in touch to let you all know how I am coping.

Thank you again

Laura xx

Thread Information