Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisdom teeth out tomorrow! TERRIFIED!

Re: Wisdom teeth out tomorrow! TERRIFIED!

YOU WILL BE FINE< I PROMISE!!!!

ihad all mine taken out a few years ago...i was put to sleep as well...i mean, why wouldnt you? anyway, i was out for no more then 15 mins!!!! and when i woke, yes my gums where the teeth had been were raw for a few days, but no jaundis looking skin and the wounds closed in a couple of days....there is no pain at all....im a baby, and i didnt need any painkillers whatsoever!!!!

the best bit is there will be no pain ever again because they will be gone!! for good!!!.....

im sending you lots of good vibes...

you can do it!! it will be over so quick! and its such a simple procedure. youve got nothing to worry about...just remember..its the build up before...after you will be happy and releived, and proud of yourself...

good luck!!!!

Hi Alison

I had mine out a few years ago and I was fine hun.

I was put "to sleep" by a rather dishy aenesthetist (sp.) which was a bonus!

The only bizarre thing was that I had to wear paper pants!! Very fashionable!!

I was home by the evening - I felt a bit groggy but managed to eat.

Over the next few days my mouth did swell and I looked a bit like a hamster but I wasnt in any pain, it was just difficult to chew so my Mum had sent me through some Angel Delight! Also got myself some icecream

If I were you I'd use this as an excuse to eat loads of Haagen Daz! It will all be fine hun

xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Lilth..
    My dentist was super handsome and smelt really nice too
    Made the experience definitely worth it, in fact, i think i made need another tooth out soon....lol

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi Alison,
    I know this is scary and I think even the calmest of people would be nervous about having their wisdom teeth out. But think of how proud of yourself you will be after you have it done! Two of my best friends had theirs out in hospital and they thouroughly reccommended it. Yes, their face swelled and it was a little painful but now they have a beautiful set of teeth that will always stay that way. Also, the drugs they give you afterwards are apparently amazing lol! They said they felt so relaxed. Just think, as soon as you go under you will wake up again and it'll all be over. The worst bit will be the anaesthetic and that doesn't even hurt. You get given painkillers for the pain afterwards and it's a great excuse to be bought magazines, food and watch telly all day. Try and think of the positives.
    Let us know how it goes, you'll be glad you got it done!
    xx

I chickened out. With moving in a week and my husband going back to work I dont think I could handle it all at once.
    I am going to reschedule for when things are calmer!

Awwwww Alison

Never mind hun

You will get it sorted soon

Kaz x x x

Alison

Thats ok hunni, you will do it when you feel more ready.

I know exactly where u are coming from cos I had a eye appointment at hospital a few months ago and got a taxi there and made it to the suite. Sat in the waiting room and saw the nurse but when they went to put the drops in my eyes I panicked and couldnt go through with it. I have however, been back and did it second time around.

The anticipation is the worst part, but there are somedays that we are just not able to do it and that is OK.

You have a lot on just now and like you say rescheduling it is completely fine.

Hugs

Darkangel x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information