Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi

Hi Stuart

Can totally appreciate what Nic is saying. Some off us find it really hard to talk face to face and typing on a screen like this is great.

I had CBT and although i really do feel it helped me i never let her know who i was as i find it hard to talk about my emotions and was taught as a child never to cry, so now i still do that when by myself. Scared to appear like a failure. Suppose some of our traits are build in from childhood.

Hope you managed to get into the chat and have a laugh.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Stuart

The CBT was a really big help but I did it for about 9 months and the last 2 months were all about childhood memories etc so I felt that I couldn't gain anymore from it so I discharged myself from seeing her.

The way I cope is with determination and trying to accept that I am not going to die of this, it is just uncomfortable and not atall pleasant but it can't hurt me.

It has helped me enormously setting up this website and forum as I get loads of support on here and tips on how to overcome it all. Meg has been a huge support for me and still is when I get wobbly!!

It just takes time and patience and acceptance and sticking at it. Sounds easy and I know that it is far from that but I am still working at it and you can too.

Nicola

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information