Thread: Interested in your opinion.

Interested in your opinion.

The guy john hogan who killed his son and atempted to kill his daughter by dropping them off a balcony in crete has got away without a murder charge today. Just wonder what members thoughts were about this.
    I personally am so glad. But I really wonder if id feel that way if it were my child hed killed.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Re: Interested in your opinion.

Hi Lynn

I heard about this and saw the verdict tonight on the news. From my stance on it, it seems like such a tragic accident. Why was this man allowed to get to that stage? Did they say if he was having treatment?

I must admit I dont think I would feel the same if it were a child of mine that were killed. I'd probably want to kill him myself. I guess you never know until it happens to you.

Makes you wonder if the "system" failed this man, and that in turn, it put the children in a danger that could have been prevented.

Difficult one.

xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Its a difficult one.
    I wonder if the guy hid his anxieties or did he go to a dr.
    So often when there are no signs of physical illness we feel ashamed to go to the dr about our mental health.
    We feel ashamed and embarrased.
    Speaking from personal experience I find it almost impossible to tell anyone about my true feelings.
    My sense of trust has gone.
    It just beggars belief what this guy and everyone else in this family is going thru.

Take care
    LYNN xx

He obviously wasn't "of sound mind" to have done something so tragic.

BUT, if he was my husband and he had killed my son I would want him locking up for life.

Kate

Hi Granny Primark
    didn't see the verdict but like Kate said he obvioulsy wasn't of sound mind and must have been in extreme distress and having a "breakdown"
    Although he has been found "not guilty" of first degree murder. I think personaly it should have been a manslaughter charge.
    He seems the type of person who will live with this on his conscience for the rest of his life and maybe that is sentence enough.
    Who would EVER forgive themselves for killing their own son.
    If i was the mother afraid to say hypocritically that i would be livid at the verdict today.
    Richie

I have seen the verdict today and I agree he wasn't of sound mine, he is to be sent to a physchiatric hospital and will never be allowed to see his other daughter again unless when she turns 18 and wants to see him. I think he should have been charged with manslaughter though.
    Mags

The fact the guys two brothers both committed suicide must have had an enormous affect on him and as we know depression can run in families. No one can imagine being of a mind where you could kill your own child but i think he will be serving a life sentence in his head, no matter where he is. I suspect that he may follow in the footstep of his brothers;
    Donna

Hi lyn, i saw it too, who knows what was going on inside his head, but something did,nt seem right about that interveiw,his wife ,i felt was keeping something back, if their marriage was going though a "rough patch" why not have gone on hols on their own. and the guy she is with now , in my opinion that did,nt help the situation, i guess what i,m trying to say is that maybe the husband had a gut feeling that his wife was seeing someone else, as was mentioned in the interveiw she said that they developed a relationship within a few months of this happening. Starting another relationshipwould be the last thing on my mind.

Thread Information