Thread: Remeron?

Lightbulb Remeron?

Hello Everyone! I'm Manny, and I was wondering if anyone has ever take 'Remeron' before? I am not the type of person that personally likes to be on medication, so i was wondering what the side effects are, and whether or not you're able to wake up, awake in the morning after it knocks you out. I'm taking it for chronic insomnia and MDD...

If you have taken it before, please leave me your experience with it!

Re: Remeron?

hi i find the side effect that bothers me is the tiredness but they give me a good nights sleep,at first they knock you out for a few days ,then you get used to it ,that is the bit i found the hardest. without them i'm a complete mess. i didn't put any weight on but they gave me the munchies at first, could be why people put weight on, they are a third line med used after the ssris etc dont work , i too dislike meds but if they help....good luck

I was only on this med for a week and I ate like there was no tomorrow but I do have to say I was very underweight when I was on it. Odd thing is the higher the dose the less side effects which I always thought was odd, I asked to be taken off of it. It did make me very sleepy though which is good if you have insomnia.

Good luck,

Laura

i took this last year for a few months..... great pill...but i put on 2 stone, i just was never full up so i had to stop them and when i did i crashed really bad. im on sertaline now and ive lost the weight hooray!!!!

Hope they suit you

xxx

I needed at least 11-hours of sleep a night when I was on it and gained a bunch of weight as it seemed like every night I was ravenously hungry and couldn't stop eating. I slept better than ever on it on the brioght side and I did lose the weight once I got off it. If you are anti-meds you may want to look into TEA forms and other CBT exercises.

tracie,

how is the sertraline working and did it take long to kick in cos I'm still hoping it will for me. What dose are you on?

joy

Thread Information