Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I found a cure....you can get it too...

Re: I found a cure....you can get it too...

Frankin your post made me smile. It was such a joy to read and mirrored the techniques that I use to recover from this illness.

You are spot on mate, and may you continue on your journey of wellness.

Luv darkangel x

Just to again reinforce it's a process, I had some dizziness last night, where I have a hard time focusing on something because I feel like things are shifting, not spinning. I think this is related to my neck tension, but I want some reassurance it is because I have not been given that definante diagnosis. I'm going to the doctor on Wednesday to discuss it. In the mean time, I had a tension headache after the dizziness so I went to bed and woke up feeling better. I'll accept it since I don't have anything serious and i've experienced before...but I will get the reassurance from my doctor and then if he feels it's anxiety I will move on knowing it eventually will go away.

I took it easy today, but i'm going to go out tonight, I can't stay in worried about worrying...I need to go out and learn to accept. I challenge you to too..!

Frankin, after reading your post I went out to our local indoor market. Yes I still was apprehensive and on one occasion felt lightheaded and a bit dizzy but the awful thoughts didnt come and I just said to myself, OK accept this is how you are cos you are still practising and the more I do it the easier it will become. When we dont add on the frightening thoughts then it abates. Like you I have a lot of neck tension which causes me to feel disorientated but with rest it does go away.
    Hope all goes well with the doc on Wed, but Im sure you already know its anxiety related. Eventually you will be able to let this go to.

Take care and keep up the good work on your continued journey to wellness

Darkangel x

brill post . it got to come from within ive learned that . just putting it into practice the hard bit . well done an good luck x

Way to go Darkangel!

I had a good time last night, felt odd leaving the house, but it went away. Felt odd towards the end of the night, but i'm here in the morning typing this so nothing bad happend.

I think it's important to remember, what is it about our safe places, where we run to in panic that makes them so safe? Why can't our safe places be anywhere? That's what we all are begining to learn, we can ride out panic or anxiety at the mall, store, bedroom at home, on top of a rollercoaster.

At the end put faith in your body, treat it well, sleep well. Even though I had some (not terrible!!) anxiety last night, i was still able to put faith in that it's just an over reaction of my body and slept like a rock. I always kind of feel weird in the morning, I need to learn to no test for anxiety at that time. Because, I control when I feel anxious and when I test for it. It will always be there.

Take care everyone, I challenge everyone today to go out and do something, accepting themselves and the feelings that come. Try to put a spin on the anxiety and enjoy it! That's my challenge for today, to learn to enjoy anxiety.

Feel free to post any thoughts or questions and remember to let go....you are safe.

could you give me some tips on relaxation and nutrition please franklin? if you want you can pm me. i really am trying hard at the moment and want my life back. any help you could give me i'd really appreciate.

thanks ju x

hello Franklin

thanks for a great post ive had health anxiety for almost 14 years now, and i experience panic on a daily basis, always thinking that each day is my last due to a illness ie; heart etc, that the docs have missed.

Do you think that this method would work for me too?
    Thanks again
    tracie

I'm glad we are pulling together either silent or posting, lets get through this together!!!!

Julie - We all want our lives back and these thoughts and feelings overwhelm us, I understand! Nutrition is nothing more than getting away from foods we all know aren't good for us and getting back to basics. Three square healthy meals a day, salads, fruits, vegetables...all of those things keep our minds and our bodies full of energy. When we have panic we need it!!! But remember that this does not cure us...it helps us..but we are the ones who cure ourselves not the food we eat or anything else..remember the food helps us keep in top shape...but we take it to the next level. As for relaxation I have a tape I listen to, its 45 minutes long and it walks me through relaxing my body, I try to use it 3-4 times a week either during/after a panic attack or at night to relax before bed. There are tons of these types of tapes out there, try amazon.com for user reviews. Remember though you need to let go...let your body drift...allow yourself to face the fear and absorb it...it does take time

traciec- we live in a time of the great medical equipment/people that have ever existed. Look at the technology available to find the smallest spots, we have pumps that can keep your heart going for years!!!! Wow! Also remember we have 1000s of years of medicene..it's time to trust that and let go.. Yes you can beat this....you've been given a gift...you get to enjoy the last day of your life everyday!!!!! Wow, what energy and power you must feel....be empowered with that energy...accept it..thank God he has given it to you and Let go...I challenge you to this traciec..the next next time you have panic if you need to go somewhere comfortable and then accept it...and drop your arms your legs..just melt into the chair or bed you lying in...just let it happen..don't think about it..just melt..maybe put a movie or tv show on and watch that..you might hate it, but just melt into all of it...give it 30 minutes and if you've really let go...go out and celebrate becuase you probably feel better!!!!!

Today was good and bad, I slipped but I kept pushing, I was in a stadium with thousands of people, neverous...i bounced up and down..i couldn't let myself relax and then i could. It was terrible, it was torture, it was a part of recovery.... I made it through it, I didn't feel great, I went home.

But then I went out to eat..and I was nervous again..until about an hour into the meal I finally just listend to what i've been preaching and I let go...

AND IT FELT GREAT!!! I had a very good time and then we went to another bar... but I drank too much.. the alcohol relaxed me, but then my thoughts overcame me and I had a panic attack...thank god it was the end of the night and we could leave...but unlike other times..i let go as much as i possibly could during the attack and i'm here now typing this.

I made it through the attack, i don't feel great but i'm here..i'll sleep and tackle the rest tommorow...

We make mistakes, but hey i'm happy right now and 1 hour ago I had a terrible panic attack where I couldn't focus on anything neither did I want to..but I let go...

Keep reading, keep sharing, keep asking..lets challenge ourselves to get past this..go out and do something!! Tell me about it!

Anxiety still here....yes...more managable yes!

I'm improving, I know I am I can feel it, I'm so close.

Went to the doctor today to discuss the little bump on the back of my head, once he felt it..said without a doubt it was a cyst that would go away or maybe not. Has no effect on me whatsoever or the dizziness or headaches i've been having.

He also provided xanax to try out for the dizziness and if that doesn't work he suggest I see a neurologist, even though he feels it's probably more of an anxiety thing than anything.

Anyways, i'm also seeing a chiropractor and i have to admit i've seen a huge huge improvement in my tension headaches. They are very mild and I know will disappear once the anxiety leaves.

This all just leaves some unsteadiness and anxiety in public places, I think the xanax will be helpful if I use it to reinforce that it is just anxiety and gives my brain a break to condition itself for lower anxiety levels.

Just an update for someone on the road to recovery...post your comments, success stories, or questions if you feel like it.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information